Aberystwyth
0 (0%)
Newport
0 (0%)
Wrexham
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Josquius

QuoteAnd I could live with a much smaller picture for Wolverhampton.
Indeed....what a bad picture...

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:38:00 PM
Telford looks more like a man then a city.  Is Brighten and Hove built entirely on the pier?  Also does Dover have anything besides that lighthouse?

Telford is Thomas Telford after whom the town is named since the town didn't have any pictures of note and isn't particularly famous for much.
Brighton's pier is super famous.
As are the white cliffs.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I think Brighton's more famous for the pavilion:

But these are all very provincial cities.  I wouldn't expect anyone outside the UK to know of almost any of them.  I didn't even know of Telford and I wish I didn't know about Dover :(
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:50:54 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2012, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:38:00 PM
Telford looks more like a man then a city.  Is Brighten and Hove built entirely on the pier?  Also does Dover have anything besides that lighthouse?

:blink:

Enormous castle, largest in the UK.

Also largest passenger port in UK.

Look, I don't even know where half these places even are.  I'm judging by the picture that Tyr posted.  He posts a photo of a city with horse drawn wagons, I assume it's a city with horse drawn wagons.  He posts a picture of Dover that consists of a cliff and a lighthouse, I assume that Dover is a cliff and a lighthouse.  He posts a photo Telford that appears to be a man sitting at table, I assume that Telford is in fact a man siting at a table.  I don't understand your damn customs.  Maybe your inbred monarchs decided to give this man his own area code or something and now he may qualify as a city.

Raz, your saying your unaware of Dover, it has figured rather prominently in several British naval and cross-channel interventions.

Incidentally, here's a picture of the castle and ferry port in background, both are quite big:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Dover is so famous the French even have a word for it.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Sitting on the rocks at Brighton doesn't look like much fun.

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2012, 08:11:54 PM

Raz, your saying your unaware of Dover, it has figured rather prominently in several British naval and cross-channel interventions.

Incidentally, here's a picture of the castle and ferry port in background, both are quite big:

I was partly joking.  I know where some are.  Milton Keynes, Reading, Dover, Inverness, Shrewsbury, Brighton Beach, and a few others.  Other like Presely and Telford I have no idea.  I don't actually know what most of those towns actually look like though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

There's a lot of green space around that, doesn't really look like a city.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2012, 10:05:23 PM

There's a lot of green space around that, doesn't really look like a city.

It's quite common in English towns and cities, besiders castle slopes tend to be wooded or grass.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2012, 08:23:11 PM
Ugh, Brighton.

That's where I wanted to move. :wub:

I'm confused by this definition of city as I've actually been to some of those places.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2012, 10:22:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2012, 08:23:11 PM
Ugh, Brighton.

That's where I wanted to move. :wub:

I'm confused by this definition of city as I've actually been to some of those places.

Dear god man, what's coming over you ? 

You do realise that it's the only UK constituency represented by a Green Party MP ?   

Surely that'll be enough to revolt the old Garbon ? :unsure:

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2012, 10:26:43 PM
Dear god man, what's coming over you ? 

You do realise that it's the only UK constituency represented by a Green Party MP ?   

Surely that'll be enough to revolt the old Garbon ? :unsure:
It is our San Fran and he loved living there.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

That's a particularily unflattering pic of Preston, which I thought was quite nice when I visited RH.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2012, 10:45:00 PM
That's a particularily unflattering pic of Preston, which I thought was quite nice when I visited RH.

I thought of something even more unflattering at first- googling Preston brings up pictures of the singer.....
██████
██████
██████