NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Oh and in "fuuuuuuuuuck" news:  The Texans RT replacement for Winston, Rashad Butler, tore his triceps and is done for the season.

E:  Oh Beck is QB3 now somehow. 

Neil

You know, if the Texans could just manage to avoid having critical players get crippled, they'd be at the Superbowl.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

FYI, if you've never seen it before, ESPN Films is showing "Third And A Mile" on ESPN Classic, an excellent documentary on the history of  blacks at the quarterback position in the NFL, ugly and all.

Neil

It's weird how black QBs seem to have trouble playing at a high level for a long period of time, except for Donovan McNabb.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 11:32:20 AM
It's weird how black QBs seem to have trouble playing at a high level for a long period of time, except for Donovan McNabb.

Warren Moon and Doug Williams didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 11:32:20 AM

Warren Moon and Doug Williams didn't seem to have a problem with it.
Doug Williams was marred by his USFL stint and had a few great seasons but a lot of pretty mediocre ones, but I'll give you Warren Moon.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 12:15:06 PM
Doug Williams was marred by his USFL stint and had a few great seasons but a lot of pretty mediocre ones, but I'll give you Warren Moon.

Doug Williams won two divisional titles for them and took them to 3 playoff appearances, including the NFC Championship game, before he ever put on a USFL uniform.  Neilfail.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 04:01:00 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 12:15:06 PM

Doug Williams won two divisional titles for them and took them to 3 playoff appearances, including the NFC Championship game, before he ever put on a USFL uniform.  Neilfail.
He threw more interceptions than touchdowns for 4 of his 8 NFL seasons, and had a career completion percentage of under 50%.  When he was good, he was great, but he had his struggles.

Typical racism from CdM.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2012, 04:01:00 PM

sbr

The last 3 years the eagles have lost their home opener and the team that beat them won the super bowl.  The eagles' home opener this year is against the ravens.

CountDeMoney

All you Longhorntards will be happy to know that the Ravens are going to squeeze something out of Sergio Kindle, come hell or high water.  This is his last chance.