NFL Offseason 2012: Because contract negotiations are part of the excitement

Started by CountDeMoney, March 01, 2012, 01:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 11:12:37 AM
It is a damned shame, isn't it?  RG3 deserved better.

Um he is a top draft pick.  Almost axiomatically he is going someplace sucky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2012, 11:21:49 AM
Yeah, but most sucky places have a chance of improving.  The only chance for the Redskins is if Snyder gets hit by a bus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2012, 11:25:01 AM
Yeah, but most sucky places have a chance of improving.  The only chance for the Redskins is if Snyder gets hit by a bus.

Meh people said the same thing about the Irsays.  We will see.

And I firmly disagree that his other option, Cleveland, has much chance of improving either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2012, 11:25:45 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2012, 11:25:01 AM
Meh people said the same thing about the Irsays.  We will see.

And I firmly disagree that his other option, Cleveland, has much chance of improving either.
RG3 is no Manning.  And the Irsays without Manning are completely hopeless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2012, 11:28:13 AM
RG3 is no Manning.  And the Irsays without Manning are completely hopeless.

Eh probably true.  And the Skins will probably still suck I just hope this makes them slightly more fun to watch.

Still since I crap all over Snyder when he does stupid crap at least I can give him kudos when he does something not stupid...though supposedly this was more Shanahan's doing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2012, 11:19:47 AM
Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2012, 03:49:23 AM
Are Valmy's pants a dairy factory?

Yep.  Excellent move by the Skins.  The QB position has been an albatross around their necks since 1992.  There really is almost no price too high to fill a two decades long hole.

Unless, you know, it's typical Snyder panicky over-compensation.  Which it is.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2012, 11:21:49 AM

Um, he is a top draft pick.  Just not the next 3 years' worth of draft picks.

Hello, Hershel Walker.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 12, 2012, 11:24:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1N9TR1BCU&feature=youtu.be

For Neil and CDM, sad to see him aging :(

Yeah, not much left in the tank for more than another year or two, but at least you can tell your grandchildren you watched him play.  Can't say that about anybody with the Arizona Wildcats.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 12:11:34 PM
Unless, you know, it's typical Snyder panicky over-compensation.  Which it is.

Nonsense.  If they were going to get him they had to pay the price.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 12:13:51 PM

Two years (of first rounders anyway) and if it works out totally worth it.  The Giants did something similar to get Eli and that worked out pretty well.  In this league you need a QB unless you are the 2000 Ravens.

Plus unlike a typical Snyder move this does not blow the salary cap.  If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.  But I think this is the right move.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2012, 12:30:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 12:13:51 PM

Two years (of first rounders anyway) and if it works out totally worth it.  The Giants did something similar to get Eli and that worked out pretty well. 

Try three first rounders, kid.  The Redskins aren't going to see another 1st round pick until 2015.  In other words, they won't see another 1st round pick until the next presidential primary season.  That's lotsa lulzes right there.

And no, the Giants didn't do something similar with Eli:  giving up a 1st and a 3rd, and a 1st and a 5th over 2 years is substantially more forward-thinking than a 1st and 2nd, 1st, and another 1st, over 3 years.   

Buh bye rebuilding through the draft, Foreskins. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 12:46:59 PM
Try three first rounders, kid.

Yes.  Three minus one equals two.

I understand the cost I just feel that it is worth it.  They are just sorta rumbling along being mediocre, a game changer is needed.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 12, 2012, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 12:46:59 PM
Try three first rounders, kid.

Yes.  Three minus one equals two.

I understand the cost I just feel that it is worth it.  They are just sorta rumbling along being mediocre, a game changer is needed.

lol, whatever reasoning makes you sleep better at night.  If you think it's really only costing 2 1st rounders, then you just keep thinking that.

And yes, a game changer is needed:  unfortunately, there's no amount of draft picks available to trade up for a new owner. So keep enjoying your own little hell.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2012, 01:43:51 PM
lol, whatever reasoning makes you sleep better at night.  If you think it's really only costing 2 1st rounders, then you just keep thinking that.

And yes, a game changer is needed:  unfortunately, there's no amount of draft picks available to trade up for a new owner. So keep enjoying your own little hell.

Um they got a first round pick so they did not really give up their one from this year.  So they are giving up two picks, 2013 and 2014.

Anyway I thought it was a good idea when I heard about it, going after RGIII anyway, he is the sort of dude they need to really run that offense.  I think it should work and I am looking forward to seeing it play out.

Anyway they have sucked for 20 years...if this is a miserable failure what is another 20 more?  As a fan I do not have much to lose here Seedy :P