And we're back!

Main Menu

KOTOR 2 restored content

Started by viper37, October 21, 2009, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I've played with patch 1.0a, but they've now fixed some more bugs in 1.0c:
http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=339

If you liked Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, I recommend trying this :)

I had lots of fun playing this, despite minor bugs.

I played as a female this time, and a little less toward the light then before, so it was fun using the lighting stuff to quickly dispatch tons of ennemies :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Team Gizka seems to be pretty much dead, with only one member left, and that one being busy with a girl.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Faeelin

Caliga

I imagine it takes out the gimped ending that shipped with the game.  There's a ton of orphaned content in the build... I forget the exact details.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 11:22:46 AM
I imagine it takes out the gimped ending that shipped with the game.  There's a ton of orphaned content in the build... I forget the exact details.

The droid factory on the planet being reclaimed, for instance.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Quote from: Faeelin on October 21, 2009, 11:07:35 AM
So what's it do?
It restores the following content:
http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=228

There are some different quests, and there's a new level, a HK-50 factory that you can find and destroy :)

There are also other mods you can get, for better graphics, and for a new planet, the Jedi Temple on Coruscant (wich is quite like the Jedi enclave on Dantooine).

The game is longer&better.

And yes, it is my opinion that Team Gizka is dead.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Winkelried

I wonder if it works with my german version of Kotor or if I have to by the english one.

Josquius

So...it makes KOTOR 2 good?
Like the first one?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Winkelried on October 21, 2009, 04:20:46 PM
I wonder if it works with my german version of Kotor or if I have to by the english one.
It probably won't work, as this restores the content of the english edition, so you'd get messed up dialogues/texts.
But you don't have to buy it.  You can, say, search for it...

@Tyr:
Yeah, I'd say it makes it almost on par with the first one story-wise.
Nearly as long as the first one too.  But since you've got more characters, you'd need to switch characters a little more often to get all their related stories, wich I didn't.
Still is worth it, imho, as it's free.

Syt

It seems the mod is completed.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/27/grey-skies-are-gonna-kreia-up-kotor-2-completed/
QuoteGiven its original state at release, it's a credit to Knights of the Old Republic 2 that people still look back on it with such fondness. Part epic adventure, part brutal deconstruction of Star Wars and many of its most familiar tropes, and unfortunately, only part finished by the time it hit shelves, it was definitely a ride. Now, that ride can be completed properly, with the Sith Lords Restored Content mod hitting v1.8 and declaring its mission finally over.

Download link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Well...I have got to play that.  But now I guess I need the PC version so can you use a mod like this with Steam
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2012, 01:06:19 PM
Well...I have got to play that.  But now I guess I need the PC version so can you use a mod like this with Steam

There's no download version of KotOR2 legally available.

Also, installation guide for current Vista/Win7:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Quote from: Syt on July 27, 2012, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2012, 01:06:19 PM

There's no download version of KotOR2 legally available.

Also, installation guide for current Vista/Win7:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

ebay and amazon have copies for ~1$15 though.  I did see an Xbox version for something like $150.  I assume it is unopened.

Valmy

Alright I will get a used copy off Amazon.  Man I loved that game.  It will be fun to play it again.  Presuming, of course, the mod is as good as advertised.  Man it sucks there was no KOTOR3.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Btw, KotOR2 is now available on Steam for a tenner.
—Stephen Jay Gould