Wyoming Leads the Way in Doomsday Planning

Started by PDH, February 28, 2012, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on March 02, 2012, 01:14:45 PM
Cool!   :cool:    Constitution and Constellation - would love to see them sail together again!    :)   

I don't think they ever sailed together.  Constellation was built in 1854, after Constitution had left active service (though she was a training vessel at Annapolis in the 1850s, so it is remotely possible they were underway at the same time in the same area; however, the Constellation was in the Med most of that time).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2012, 04:06:48 PM
They just finished a year-long refit of the Constellation, she looks gorgeous now.

And I am betting they tried to make her look more like the original USS Constellation than 1797 Connie herself looked!  :lol:

It always amuses me that Baltimore keeps trying to pretend that theirs is the first Connie, not the second.

"So maybe she is 10% longer now; ships grow longer over time... yeah, that's the ticket!"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!