News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anyone ever been to Turks & Caicos?

Started by Caliga, February 25, 2012, 05:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I think I've mentioned before that my brother is getting married there this coming November.  We're starting to look into resorts, etc.  Anything I should know about the islands?  The wedding will be at a resort in Grace Bay on Providenciales.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

They have the name of 'Provo', but hopefully with fewer Mormons. :cheers:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2012, 06:04:59 PM
Ugh, destination weddings.
Honestly, I agree.  LOOK AT ME, I'M PRETENTIOUS!  :rolleyes: But I'm looking forward to the tropical vacation nonetheless.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 25, 2012, 06:08:57 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2012, 06:04:59 PM
Ugh, destination weddings.
Honestly, I agree.  LOOK AT ME, I'M PRETENTIOUS!  :rolleyes: But I'm looking forward to the tropical vacation nonetheless.

He paying for your trip?

Caliga

Nah, because he knows I can afford it.  I think he might be paying for the bride's family, though, cause they be po.

Caliga

I'm prolly gonna tack on a day for me and Princesca to visit Miami Beach, too (most flight plans down there take us thru Miami or Atlanta anyway).  Gotta figure out where to go that's not peopled with snooty gays though. :hmm:

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Hey Cal, you live close to Louisville or Lexington?  I'm going to a wedding in the Lexington area this summer.

Caliga

I live about 50 minutes from Fayette County (Lexington) line. :cool:  When you gonna be here nigga?

Admiral Yi

Early part of June.  :)

Wanna hook up?  Some Exxon spare ribs, some heavy petting?

Caliga

I should be around... no vacation planned for that timeframe and probably no business travel either.

...and yes you can get some kickass ribs at the gas station up the road, but in the parking lot rather than inside... that is, if you're lucky and The Pitmaster has his Hummer and Smoker + trailer parked there. :cool:

Not sure about the petting though. :ph34r:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on February 25, 2012, 07:12:59 PM
Not sure about the petting though. :ph34r:

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I'll ask you for contact info around D-10, jah?

Caliga

Darth Wagtaros

Customs will blow ass.  I went to Saint Lucia two years ago and they searched everyone twice, apparently TSA rules about the islands require multiple searches.  They lined us up an hour before takeoff, and went through the whole thing agin. Shoes off, bags searched, frisked, and then we had to stand around until boarding began, 45 minutes later. Looking forward to doing it again in Aruber next month.
PDH!