Wargame: European Escalation - zomg T-55 rush lololol

Started by FunkMonk, February 23, 2012, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

The sequel, AirLandBattle, looks great: http://youtu.be/pAs4FcDkXEs

Game is in beta right now. I'll probably buy this. I loved the first one and the multiplayer for ALB is supposed to have up to 20 players.
:mmm:

Also, the singleplayer campaign is supposed to be played out on a dynamic campaign map and can be played against a human opponent.   
:mmm: :mmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alcibiades

Grabbed it, it's interesting.  Still in beta though.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

FunkMonk

Bought into the beta and in my very first game I bumped into Alci  :lol:

Of course we won both games we played and he absolutely cleaned up in the second one, scoring half our teams' points in all.

Meanwhile I didn't know what half my units could do so I just requisitioned tried-and-tested Challengers, fusiliers, and mortar carriers and swept up someone playing a Soviet deck. I think all he built were Spetsnaz and T-64s 
:nelson:

Also the aircraft are really fun and useful. This game is good.

Warspite

Having sat at work all day reading about 1980s British defence procurement, I couldn't resist snapping up Wargame: EE. Can't wait for AirLand Battle. And surely the next sequel set in our own decade. Wargame: SEQUESTER
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Warspite

Oh my god, blowing up Warsaw Pact tanks with Chieftans is. So. Much. Fun.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

FunkMonk

Supposedly an update to allow players to customize their decks is in the works soon. Squee.

edit: And it got patched in just hours after I posted.  :lol: :cool:

FunkMonk

I've spent more time creating decks than actually playing the game.  :blush:
There's nothing quite like seeing your customized Warsaw Pact armored column blaze across an open field for glorious communism and then watching in horror as 11,000 TOWs zoom in on your tanks.  :lol: still won that match though. My ZSUs shot down a lot of aircraft.

Alcibiades

Are the ZSUs good?  I usually go with SAMs, but...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

FunkMonk

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 02, 2013, 03:12:26 PM
Are the ZSUs good?  I usually go with SAMs, but...

The radar-based AAA is pretty good. In a recent game I deployed about six gun AA vehicles around and behind my main attack and they chewed up the NATO aircraft attacking me. They even took an F-117 down to one health and stunned it long enough for it to get finished off by my ally's SAM.

The regular, non-radar AAA is not nearly as accurate as radar AAA but it's still okay. It's good to use them to stun enemy aircraft so your SAMs can finish them off. It's good to put AAA right near your tank spearhead because those always attract enemy aircraft.

I remember in WEE I hardly ever used AAA because they were only useful if helicopters were stupid enough to come too close to your tanks. This game actually gives me a reason to deploy them now.

Edit: 10v10 matches are something alright.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

FunkMonk

I've gotten 30+ hours out of this game and it's not even out of multiplayer beta yet.  :blush:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

This series of games is one of those gems that a lot of people haven't played.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point