News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stupid US abuse of power....

Started by Valdemar, February 27, 2012, 04:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

This thread gives me a red, white and blue patriotism boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

It's really all for the best.  Cigars are a good way to ruin a decent cognac.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

I guess grumbler withdrew his argument?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2012, 10:09:07 AM

See a doctor if it persists for more than four hours.

dps

Quote from: Valdemar on February 27, 2012, 08:35:22 AM
To me it is excessive use of force, on a matter where the given force should not even be applied

They took the money by force?  I thought they did it electronically.

11B4V

Quote from: dps on February 27, 2012, 05:36:36 PM
To me it is excessive use of force, on a matter where the given force should not even be applied

Semantics. But "Use of Force" in the context in which used it is wrong.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: dps on February 27, 2012, 05:36:36 PM

Electronic force! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Last time I checked that was not in the use of force continuum.  :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

11B4V

Siege

She have a horsey face and pontey elbows.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Solmyr on February 27, 2012, 01:51:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2012, 10:09:07 AM

See a doctor if it persists for more than four hours.

Too late. I fainted in ecstasy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"