Dutch prince Johan Friso buried by Austrian avalanche

Started by jimmy olsen, February 17, 2012, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Avalanches must be one of the scariest things in the world to confront.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/17/10434484-report-dutch-prince-johan-friso-buried-by-austria-avalanche

QuoteDutch prince Johan Friso buried by Austria avalanche
By msnbc.com staff and news services

Updated at 10:36 a.m. ET: Prince Johan Friso, the middle son of Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands, has been buried by an avalanche in western Austria, according to a report by the Austria Press Agency on Friday.

The Dutch government says the prince was buried by an avalanche in the ski resort of Lech and has been admitted to an Innsbruck hospital where he is in the intensive care unit.
The statement said "doctors treating him describe the prince's condition as stable, but his life remains at risk."

Members of the royal family are skiing in the Austrian mountain village of Lech, which has been hit by heavy snowfall in recent days.

Prince Johan Friso, 43, is the middle son of Queen Beatrix, according to the Associated Press. His older brother is Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his younger brother is Prince Constantijn.

This is a breaking news story, please check back for further details.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I just came up with a good name for Tamas' first born daughter, if he ever has one.

Syt

Guess I shouldn't have had those beans ofr lunch.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Since we are all cynics thanks to CK2, we start to wonder : what were Prince Constantijn's whereabouts at the time of the avalanche? :shifty:

Martinus

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 10:58:17 AM

It's not so bad.  Though I'm not fond of Dairy Queen myself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 17, 2012, 11:29:03 AM

I thought those were blizzards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Checked it - it's Constantijn (the lawyer) who is a complete idiot. I heard this from several people who worked with him.

Fireblade

Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 11:20:46 AM
Since we are all cynics thanks to CK2, we start to wonder : what were Prince Constantijn's whereabouts at the time of the avalanche? :shifty:

I blame his wife. He should have left his spymaster in his county to uncover the plot. :(

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2012, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 17, 2012, 11:29:03 AM

I thought those were blizzards.

What ever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 11:20:46 AM

Friso is not in line of succession.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."