Started by Tonitrus, February 15, 2012, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Octavian

Quote from: Solmyr on February 26, 2012, 06:19:58 PM
Osterreich is in Saxony? :huh:

I assume Saxony and Austria has been united with Austria being the primary title.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on February 26, 2012, 06:19:58 PM
Osterreich is in Saxony? :huh:

That kind of stuff happens with duchal titles all the time.  In my game the Duke of Novgorod and Moldavia were the same dude so Novgorod was labelled 'Moldavia'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Revived in honor of St. Patrick's Day!

Brian II's reign would be mostly uneventful, and alas, would die young in mid 30's.

Originally, his son was to be heir...but seeing that his eldest child, Princess (Leia) Caitlin, seemed a more immediately capable heir, King Brian II had decided before his death to switch Ireland's succession to elective*, and the Dukes rallied behind the future Queen.

Caitlin would rise to power at the young age of 21 (for some reason I keep getting powerful, lesbian queens in my games  :P ), and despite their previous support, some of the local lords rose up in rebellion.  Brian II having died young, Queen Caitlin took the initiative in raising most of her younger siblings, allowing her to use them to replace the rebellious dukes of Connaught and Ulster.

By age 36, Queen Caitlin would already be known as "the Great".  Her first husband only managed to contribute to having two daughters before dying...and Caitlin has refused countless offers of marriage from the kings of Scotland, England and France.  The current heir is her younger sister Rose, until it is known how capable her own daughters might become.

*for small, relatively stable realms...it seems like elective succession is the obvious best choice...allowing you to select more highly skilled daughters when they come along.