Elie Wiesel calls out Mitt Romney on dead Jew baptisms.

Started by jimmy olsen, February 14, 2012, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I'm highly annoyed.
I'm going up the street for a Cadbury Creme Egg, dammit.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 06:43:48 PM
What's up Sheilbh loving all homophobes like Mormons, or Rick Perry? Surely there'snot enough self-loathing even in being raised a catholic.
:lol: I don't like Rick Perry at all.

Plus Mormons are generally nice people, regardless of their views on the gay, and theologically because they don't believe in damnation there's still homos in heaven.  Which is nice.

Plus I think hate's kind of exhausting.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Marti's antics are turning you straight, aren't they ? 

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 16, 2012, 12:18:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 06:43:48 PM
What's up Sheilbh loving all homophobes like Mormons, or Rick Perry? Surely there'snot enough self-loathing even in being raised a catholic.
:lol: I don't like Rick Perry at all.

Plus Mormons are generally nice people, regardless of their views on the gay, and theologically because they don't believe in damnation there's still homos in heaven.  Which is nice.

Plus I think hate's kind of exhausting.

Yeah, well, I don't care if they believe in damnation or not as this is all fairytales. However, gays raised Mormon have much higher suicide attempt rates and the LDS church was the major sponsor of Prop 8 - and this is what I care about since it is not some bullshit but actual people being hurt by these idiots.

Sheilbh

Higher than what though? 

Mental health's an issue that needs addressing among gays more generally because the attempted and successful suicide rates are higher across the board (I think there's been a reluctance in part because it's more difficult when you're at the 'pride' stage as opposed to being comfortably bedded in society).  But I'd be interested to see what it is particularly about Mormonism that causes this as opposed to, say, someone raised conservative Catholic or Muslim.  I suppose many Mormon communities are in areas without many big cities to escape to, which is another factor.

On Prop 8 that doesn't bother me at all.  I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

I'm all for suicide prevention for fags.  Cuts down on the internet drama.

Then again, so does successful suicide.  So I'm torn.

Martinus

On the Thursday show, Stephen Colbert circumcised all dead Mormons by proxy (an intern holding a hot dog) and converted them to Judaism.  :lol:  :lmfao:

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2012, 03:03:26 AM
On the Thursday show, Stephen Colbert circumcised all dead Mormons by proxy (an intern holding a hot dog) and converted them to Judaism.  :lol:  :lmfao:
:pinch: That's not how circumcision is supposed to be performed.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on February 27, 2012, 03:27:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2012, 03:03:26 AM
:pinch: That's not how circumcision is supposed to be performed.

Nonsense. We've all seen Mel Brooks in Robin Hood. :P

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2012, 10:50:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 15, 2012, 07:41:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2012, 06:15:34 PM
Thing is, the Mormons won't be happy.  It is a basic, fundamental premise that every person who ever lived has to be baptized into the Mormon faith.  Period.
Link?

It was in the Frontline piece I linked, but here:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&sourceId=1ec52f2324d98010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/why-do-mormons-baptize-the-dead/2012/02/15/gIQAnYfOGR_story.html

They've knocked out about 2 million of their register of 11 million dead, and are working hard to get all 9 billion recorded deaths in history.

Enjoy your white robe and slippers, Neil.
I don't think they're going to make it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

garbon

By the way, I'm surprised Marti didn't bring up the gay activism with regards to claiming dead mormons as homosexuals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I liked the bit where someone found out that Eli Wiesel is on the list to be converted, as soon as he dies anyway. LOL.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2012, 11:30:01 PM
I'm rather annoyed they have my maternal grandfather's family tree from Germany back to 1710 in their little white slipper index.

Not only has this pissed me off, but it's pissed off my mother as well.
And, they only have half his siblings in the listings.  Fuckers.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 05:06:45 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2012, 11:30:01 PM
I'm rather annoyed they have my maternal grandfather's family tree from Germany back to 1710 in their little white slipper index.

Not only has this pissed me off, but it's pissed off my mother as well.
And, they only have half his siblings in the listings.  Fuckers.

Seedy, I've already sent your name in. Twice. Enjoy the Celestial Kingdom!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned