"Flag, silly Jarheads will name a whole outpost", says US Army

Started by 11B4V, February 14, 2012, 10:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

:lmfao: Pattern here maybe

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/story/2012-02-14/aryan-afghanistan-military/53089468/1?csp=24&kjnd=K6EW2OiaiJSjf2cTYs4bBYXGWkU02xlrBSnf%2BeZKLGgA08FYuNw57KvV0rWrOJ3r-7dcde6aa-8aef-4548-aacb-5eaa5c83e6c6_j2M%2FiTVAZIGCD9AZOemWr7TDi7SFIHDVhfnir8%2BHOc2DLplltwbJ00JIIXRqsgkO

QuoteIn a Monday letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, the Military Religious Freedom Foundation attorney Randal Mathis demanded the outpost to be renamed and the circumstances surrounding its naming be investigated.

"Today's stunning information concerning the base near Kandahar being named 'Aryan' is simply too much to be coincidental," Mathis said in the letter. "Viewing either as trivially inadvertent would be preposterous."

STORY: Panetta seeks probe into Marine photo
The name "COP Aryan" appears with a June 2011, news release on the website of 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team that announced the graduation of Afghan troops with whom it was partnered from officer candidate school.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on February 14, 2012, 10:30:12 AM
Maybe they are just TRYING to piss people off?

Maybe. Could it be the Army and Corps are in cahoots.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Panetta's probably like...WTF, god damn it.

Any bets that the US Miltary will pull an extreme knee-jerk.

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on February 14, 2012, 10:43:59 AM
What's the big deal, though personally I would have been offended if it were camp 'Ayn Rand'.

Tell that to Penetta. Besides, it doesnt matter if you, me, Berkut, etc......are not offended.

Syt

Meanwhile, in Austria, we have this hotel in one of the main shopping streets . . .

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Berkut on February 14, 2012, 10:30:12 AM
Maybe they are just TRYING to piss people off?

The 170th ICBT will be disbanded after this deployment, maybe the just don't care who they piss off.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

They were obviously doing archaeological digs focusing on the original Indo-European inhabitants of the area.  :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

11B4V

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on February 14, 2012, 03:37:09 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 14, 2012, 12:06:01 PM
The title of this thread doesn't make sense.

Think real hard. :lol:

I think he needs to go the opposite way, actually.

I've been visiting gun collecting forums a lot recently, and I think that helped put me in the proper frame of mind to get your meaning the first time I read it :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall