News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thanks, vM!

Started by Syt, March 10, 2009, 02:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starbright

Darth Wagtaros

Yes,  while I complain a bit I do realize the amount of labor that went into this and do appreciate it. 
PDH!

The Minsky Moment

I approve of this unexpected development.

Good time to clear the air.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 10, 2009, 10:45:16 AM
Yes,  while I complain a bit I do realize the amount of labor that went into this and do appreciate it. 

Unfortunately, your new nick sucks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 10, 2009, 10:49:06 AM
I approve of this unexpected development.

Good time to clear the air.

Who the fuck are you?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2009, 11:14:53 AM

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
PDH!

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 10, 2009, 11:17:19 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2009, 11:14:53 AM

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Die, motherfucker, die.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 10, 2009, 08:14:03 AM
I'm still adjusting.  I guess its OK.  All that history though... lost!  Six years worth.  :(  There were threads I wanted.
Those will be available as a non-interactive archive, IIRC.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grallon

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2009, 10:38:20 AM
Quote from: Grallon on March 10, 2009, 07:00:39 AM
Too funneh.  :D

We do need the old smilies, but I know you didn't do this on a worknight because you wanted to, vM, so thanks for at least giving us something to limp along with!

One of the new perks of this new board is the active ignore function.  I'll finally be able to phase this maggot out  :D

And yes vM - we do appreciate your efforts.  It was the shock.  ;)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

QuoteYou agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, 

:'( I agreed to this, and I think others did too. Now what do we do?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2009, 12:24:56 PM
QuoteYou agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, 

Talk about cooking and Mr. Rogers I guess.
PDH!

Vince

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2009, 12:24:56 PM

Start a Civil War hijack?

fhdz

Thanks, vM.  The new board looks great and is nice and fast. :)
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

vM is my hero. A deeply flawed hero but there you go.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson