News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thanks, vM!

Started by Syt, March 10, 2009, 02:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I'm still adjusting.  I guess its OK.  All that history though... lost!  Six years worth.  :(  There were threads I wanted.
PDH!

Camerus

It was fucking sudden, if nothing else.  :-\

Weatherman

He sneezed and the server died.  :'(

Grey Fox

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 10, 2009, 08:14:03 AM
I'm still adjusting.  I guess its OK.  All that history though... lost!  Six years worth.  :(  There were threads I wanted.

It's still there, you just can't access it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

I like the look of the forum-- just needs a little customizin'  :)

Oh and it's fast, too.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Grey Fox

It's funny how there's seem to be 2 extence of the SMF forum now.

Once with all our original posts & this one.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 10, 2009, 09:46:07 AM

I only see this one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on March 10, 2009, 09:55:45 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 10, 2009, 09:46:07 AM

I only see this one.

Try losing the s of forum in the address bar & make the forum # 11.

Altho, I was mistaking, there's only 1 thread.

Grey Fox

Here's vM post on that other board

QuoteWell, my hand was forced.  The SCSI drive on the old server appears to be near death, if not there already.  I had this SMF forum set up from what of the Languish database I could convert.  Its as good a starting point as any.

I still have the data from the drive, I just can't get the drive to stay up for more than 10-15 minutes.  If anyone is really in love with the old board I can clone the data back onto a spare IDE drive I have kicking around somewhere.

BTW, everyone's account is still usable; no need to re-register

I think, it's fair to assume that nothing is currently WAD & we're in some kind of weird zone.

Grallon

My account wasn't there and I did have to register.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

I had to re-register too.  Its a bummer.  But by the sound of it there was no time for a graceful transition.
PDH!

Grey Fox

We all had to re-register.

It's kinda messed up right now.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 10, 2009, 08:48:50 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2009, 08:35:04 AM
Oh and it's fast, too.

Fast? Here it's slow as hell.

Yup, very fast for me.  Didn't realize how slow the old forum was until now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Grallon on March 10, 2009, 07:00:39 AM
Next time you decide to change things vM - put a demo somewhere so we can actually see it before we crashland into this...  desolation.  Many of us are, after all, *paying* members. 

I hate the new look >:(
Too funneh.  :D

We do need the old smilies, but I know you didn't do this on a worknight because you wanted to, vM, so thanks for at least giving us something to limp along with!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!