US ambassador says satellite images proof of Syria government violence

Started by jimmy olsen, February 11, 2012, 01:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on February 12, 2012, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2012, 09:06:03 AM
Well Mr. Penguin, I'm sure we can count on your vote with Russia and China on this issue.

Just wearing my "Mr Critic" hat. Tired of the one sided and all to predictable reporting we are presented with doing almost any conflict at the moment, buzzwords like: "rooftop snipers", "indiscriminate Tank fire", "foreign mercenaries", "possible use of nerve gas". We have seen it in Kosovo, Iraq, Libya and now Syria, simply to much cookie cutter reporting for my taste...

You know, one-sided armed conflict between a government and its non-governmental opponents sometimes has a whole of similarities.

But perhaps you're right.  Maybe all that footage from Libya was really stock Iraq 2007 footage.  Which was stock Iraq 2003 footage.  Which was stock Kuwaiti 1991 footage.  Which was stock Beirut 1982 footage.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2012, 12:13:23 PM
Well Mr. Penguin, I'm sure we can count on your vote with Russia and China on this issue.

Just wearing my "Mr Critic" hat. Tired of the one sided and all to predictable reporting we are presented with doing almost any conflict at the moment, buzzwords like: "rooftop snipers", "indiscriminate Tank fire", "foreign mercenaries", "possible use of nerve gas". We have seen it in Kosovo, Iraq, Libya and now Syria, simply to much cookie cutter reporting for my taste...

You know, one-sided armed conflict between a government and its non-governmental opponents sometimes has a whole of similarities.

But perhaps you're right.  Maybe all that footage from Libya was really stock Iraq 2007 footage.  Which was stock Iraq 2003 footage.  Which was stock Kuwaiti 1991 footage.  Which was stock Beirut 1982 footage.

sure... :rolleyes:
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on February 12, 2012, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2012, 12:13:23 PM

sure... :rolleyes:

Hey, you're the one being the cynically contrarian skeptic here. 

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Arab League will call on the U.N. Security Council to pass a resolution creating a joint peacekeeping force for Syria.

According to a draft resolution to be adopted by Arab League foreign ministers meeting in Cairo on Sunday, the 22-member group will also call for an immediate cease-fire in Syria. It demands that regime forces lift the siege on neighborhoods and villages and pull troops and their heavy weapons back to their barracks.

Syria is unlikely to accept a joint U.N.-Arab League peacekeeping force.

The draft also calls on Syrian opposition groups to unite ahead of a Feb. 24 meeting of the "Friends of Syria" group," which includes the United States, its European allies and Arab nations working to end the 11-month-old conflict in Syria.

ZOMG MOR KOOKIE KUTERISM JUS LIKE WIFF LIBYA

Darth Wagtaros

The Arab League doesn't need hte UN to pass a resolution to do shit.  They just wanna drag it out.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 12:49:42 PM
The Arab League doesn't need hte UN to pass a resolution to do shit.  They just wanna drag it out.

My my my, how people seem to forget the fact that the Arab League has rarely ever gotten positively involved in greater globe diplomacy.

Darth Wagtaros

I didn't forget.  That's my point.  The League wants to look like it cares, and can't even pull that off.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 01:13:37 PM
I didn't forget.  That's my point.  The League wants to look like it cares, and can't even pull that off.

You're right;  the world is much more fun when the Arab League doesn't bother with becoming engaged with the UN and the rest of the world.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 12, 2012, 12:49:42 PM

And if anything is supposed to do it, they'll ask Big Daddy and his midget allies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

The cynical side of me thinks that the good guys are better off with with Assad prevailing.  Russia may be doing us a favor by instinctively siding with murderers.  If Assad wins, it's not like the good guys are going to be in charge, it's going to be just a new group of murders with different murder victims.  At least this way things stay stable, and bad guys are going to lose prestige on the world stage.

Ed Anger

sbr

Ed Anger