News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iraq falling apart?

Started by Kleves, January 23, 2012, 10:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on February 07, 2012, 08:08:14 PM
Plus, it should have been "too" (to an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right) and not "to"
Yes, I noticed that and fixed it already. :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on February 07, 2012, 08:06:34 PM
:huh:  What's your excuse for all the other errors, then?
Normally I just type too fast and don't proofread.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Iraq is a Muslim country.  Their prestige is non-existent.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

I dunno; I'd be happy to have the Iraqis retaliate by dumping billions of dollars into the American economy.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tonitrus

Ideologue

Quote from: Kleves on February 07, 2012, 08:50:12 PM
I dunno; I'd be happy to have the Iraqis retaliate by dumping billions of dollars into the American economy.

No kidding.  I wish all our enemies would build giant fucking buildings in America, which they then abandon.

Anyway, I could not possibly have more contempt for the Iraqi people.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Quote from: Kleves on February 07, 2012, 06:46:27 PM
The funny thing is that someone thought this was a good idea.
QuoteWithin days, the salad bar at the embassy dining hall ran low. Sometimes there was no sugar or Splenda for coffee. On chicken-wing night, wings were rationed at six per person.
:(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on February 08, 2012, 08:36:45 AM
On chicken-wing night, wings were rationed at six per person.
[/quote]

My God.  :cry:

Razgovory

Wait, the Iraqis say a helicopter had mechanical problems and they think this noteworthy?  Have ever seen a helicopter before?  Or was it a plane?  The report says it's a helicopter the Iraqis say it's a plane.  Perhaps that's where the problem stems.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017