Dozens Molested at LA Elementary School

Started by jimmy olsen, February 07, 2012, 06:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 10, 2012, 09:18:57 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 07, 2012, 08:02:59 AM
Male teachers tend to be perverts, this isn't news.

:(

Which is why I never bothered pursuing an elementary or junior high teaching career.  As much fun as it would be, it's not worth the stereotyping.

ulmont

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on February 10, 2012, 08:29:59 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2012, 08:23:14 AM
Not to mention, a claim that children are more likely to be molested at school than at home must be one of the more ignorant ones I've ever heard.

Most cases of child molesting are perpetrated by close family. At least teachers are supposedly subject to a supervision and periodic evaluation.

False. You can be almost 100% certain if your kid is being homeschooled by a molester.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Anyway, I agree with Marti here. Most home school kids that transitioned to public school were weird. And it wasn't just a they were new thing as wasn't the same case with catholic school kids who transitioned over.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Well, you'd know for sure if you were doing it, barring some kind of multiple personality disorder or something similar. It's possible your spouse could hide it from you, but that generally requires wanting not to see.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2012, 12:11:04 PM
Well, you'd know for sure if you were doing it, barring some kind of multiple personality disorder or something similar. It's possible your spouse could hide it from you, but that generally requires wanting not to see.

But Marti didn't say that the parents weren't aware in that case.  He was saying that a child is more likely to be molested at home than at school.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2012, 12:12:47 PM
But Marti didn't say that the parents weren't aware in that case.  He was saying that a child is more likely to be molested at home than at school.

And Phil's counter is that one's own kid is more likely to be molested at school, if they aren't doing the molesting or enabling it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2012, 12:15:44 PM
And Phil's counter is that one's own kid is more likely to be molested at school, if they aren't doing the molesting or enabling it.

Bayesian probability. :nerd:

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2012, 12:15:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2012, 12:12:47 PM

How is that relevant though?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2012, 12:19:50 PM

"If a non-molesting parent wanted to minimize the chances of his/her child being molested, should he/she home school or not?"

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2012, 12:21:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2012, 12:19:50 PM

"If a non-molesting parent wanted to minimize the chances of his/her child being molested, should he/she home school or not?"

You can ask the question after the fact to make the statement relevant?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2012, 12:24:26 PM
You can ask the question after the fact to make the statement relevant?

No clue what you're trying to say.

Valmy

Huh?  WTF is your problem with Kat and RH Marty? :lol:

You just have to shit on them to make your weak point work?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2012, 12:28:43 PM
Huh?  WTF is your problem with Kat and RH Marty? :lol:

You just have to shit on them to make your weak point work?

I thought he was Polish :huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son