News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

(MP) Crusader Kings II: For the Win

Started by Fireblade, February 05, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Yeah, MP Italy games in CK1 were awesome, but are there really enough things in Italy to play? You have Tuscany, Milan, Savoy, Apulia, and.. that's pretty much it. Same with Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden, and Norway).

I did have that thought when I tried out Champagne a few minutes ago. Toulouse isn't really that powerful, but Aquitaine is literally half of France. If we do a France game, we'll need to have the least (or most?) assholish player for it. But seeing as this is Languish, I'm not sure there's someone here who isn't a douchebag in MP games.  :hmm:

Maybe we should consider a big HRE game instead?

garbon

Yeah the HRE or even the Teens with the Pechengs and Turks threatening if too much civil war occurs could be interesting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 09:37:08 PM
Yeah the HRE or even the Teens with the Pechengs and Turks threatening if too much civil war occurs could be interesting.

Yeah, the Seljuks, Cumans, and Fatimids would probably be a pretty good incentive not to turn it into an assassination-infested thunderdome.

But then again, it's not like the Byzantine Empire in real life wasn't filled with some minor general jerking off in his tent one day while daydreaming about overthrowing the Emperor and blinding everyone. :)

Tamas

I think Byzantium would fit the gathering assclown-crowd here (FB, Jaron, Martinus, I am looking at you) better, altough wouldn't AI vassals would be a major thing there even if get 5-6 players? When I inherited the throne with the byzantine character I had warnings about like 20 vassals with sinking loyalties.

Otherwise I would lean toward HRE. In France, I would just marry the Emperor's daughter and have him rape all of you fuckers in my war for the crown.

Martinus

Quote from: Fireblade on February 05, 2012, 07:55:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on February 05, 2012, 07:48:17 PM
Well, we'd all have to agree to not fuck over the King right off the bat. :P

The amount of agreements seem to be piling up. :D

Just in this one, special case regarding the Capets. ;)

You know, though, we could also do the Holy Roman Empire. The election mechanism is meant to be abused, right?

If we do France though, I propose we let Marty play the Capets.

Your door opens late at night... it's King Marcin!

1) Offer up your feet
2) Infect with HIV
3) Resist

LOL Fuck You.  :lol:

Solmyr

I'm in if the game time is even remotely suitable for Euros.

I'd also suggest HRE. There's plenty of duchies or potential duchies (can include Bohemia and northern Italy in the mix), elective succession means everyone gets a shot at the Emperor's crown, and if someone tries to change it to family succession, the rest can rebel, leading to more action.

Fireblade

Sunday, 12pm eastern? 5pm in English time. Go for 3-5 hours.

Shade

What does this game play like? I have played EU3 is it similar enough for me to jump into?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Shade on February 06, 2012, 02:51:56 PM
What does this game play like? I have played EU3 is it similar enough for me to jump into?

You would probably need to read up on title claims and breeding heirs first.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2012, 02:55:06 PM

You would probably need to read up on title claims and breeding heirs first.

Languish has been improving in both, actually.

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Download the demo. :P

It uses the same engine and I guess a few of the same concepts as EU3, but you've got to go through the tutorial and play a couple of games to get the hang of it.

Martinus