News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

(MP) Crusader Kings II: For the Win

Started by Fireblade, February 05, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Since it seems like Paradox finally made a game that isn't total shit on release, I'd like to make the proposition that we begin planning a largish MP game. What I think could be fun is if everyone plays dukes in a single realm, either the HRE, France, or maybe Byzantium.

My vote is for France, because..

King of France
Duke of Aquitaine
Duke of Anjou
Duke of Normandy
Duke of Brittany
Duke of Champagne
Duke of Burgundy
Duke of Flanders
Duke of Languedoc

Gives us 9 slots, which I think we could fill up. If we have more (and MP ends up being stable enough) we could either expand to duchies immediately outside of France or do the HRE, which I bet would be abso-fucking-lutely hilarious if a ton of people were playing it.

Any interest?

Edit: Okay, let's get a potential roster, then we'll decide a day and time. Pick your duchy too, niggers.

In:
Fireblade - Champagne
Jaron - Anjou
Tamas
Martinus - Burgundy

Maybe:
sbr
PRC

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

:D. Really?  You really think this is gonna be mp-worthy before next year?  Let's file this right next to the Vicky 2 mp thread.

PRC

No idea if it's going to be MP worthy or not... but depending on the day and time i'm interested.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 07:32:10 PM
King of France counts as a duke?

It's the French King of the Mountain: who's gonna be King of France at the end of the game.

An AI King of France is the best way to ensure France will be gimped before Philippe I dies.

Fireblade

Someone has to lead the fail train, right?

There'd have to be some house rules on whoever plays the Capets, like no raising a player's levies. But the King trying to bribe everyone into letting him have minimal crown authority or slightly raise taxes would be fun. :)

sbr: Well, we'd have to see how it plays on release. :p

sbr

I actually hope I am wrong and may be interested in playing if I am.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fireblade

Quote from: Drakken on February 05, 2012, 07:37:02 PM

It's the French King of the Mountain: who's gonna be King of France at the end of the game.

An AI King of France is the best way to ensure France will be gimped before Philippe I dies.

Exactly. I just played a game as Aquitaine, and the AI King of France kept getting into stupid ass wars for Sardinia, raising everyone's levies, and then WPing a few years later. And we all know a certain asshole with a Burgundy fetish (Martinus) would assassinate the AI Capets right off the bat so he could steal the crown anyway.

I mean, at game start, the Capets only have Paris and Orleans, making them weaker than any of his dukes. If we have to cut something, I'd pick Normandy.

garbon

I was actually thinking that with this crowd, playing the King of France seems suicidal. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 07:45:34 PM
I was actually thinking that with this crowd, playing the King of France seems suicidal. :D

Well, we'd all have to agree to not fuck over the King right off the bat. :P

I'd like to play Champagne, but I'd bite the bullet and play the Capets if nobody else wants too.

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on February 05, 2012, 07:48:17 PM

The amount of agreements seem to be piling up. :D

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on February 05, 2012, 07:48:17 PM

The amount of agreements seem to be piling up. :D

Just in this one, special case regarding the Capets. ;)

You know, though, we could also do the Holy Roman Empire. The election mechanism is meant to be abused, right?

If we do France though, I propose we let Marty play the Capets.

Your door opens late at night... it's King Marcin!

1) Offer up your feet
2) Infect with HIV
3) Resist

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 07:45:34 PM

Indeed, you wonder why the different barons even gave a fuck about the King of Paris and Ile-de-France. Yet they did, if only a bit.

A Languish France vassal game would be like Kingmaker, but with three VERY overpowered vassals (Aquitaine, Toulouse, Normandy).

After thought, playing the Scandinavians or Italians would turn in cutthroat mayhem very fast, so these are ideal settings for a Languish game.