News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Let's bag some Russians

Started by 11B4V, February 04, 2012, 11:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

AGS Kiev set-up beginning of turn one.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Why aren't the Russians red?  Why are the Germans attacking the US Army?

11B4V

Silly man. US Army is olive drab not forest green.  Old school SPI. Of, I know you know this. :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

End GT3

Off to the NE Guderian's Group is pushing towards Romny.

To the SE the bridgehead is secured for the five mobile divisions of v. Kliest's Group.

Other hot areas are the bridgehead seized by the Infantry Corps east of Chernigov.

Ed Anger

Counters clipped? OMG.

I still think that SPI maps looks better than some newer games.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 04, 2012, 02:04:15 PM
Counters clipped? OMG.
I despise counter clipping. I would rather lite myself on fire, but a necessary evil.

QuoteI still think that SPI maps looks better than some newer games.

Yea, they had some pretty maps.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 04, 2012, 02:20:30 PM
I despise counter clipping. I would rather lite myself on fire, but a necessary evil.

lol, that's funny, as I love to clip and trim counters.  I use razor blades to separate them from the  sheet, and then use an emory board for fingernails. On. Each. And. Every. One.  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 04, 2012, 12:16:05 PM
Silly man. US Army is olive drab not forest green.  Old school SPI. Of, I know you know this. :D

SPI did have some interesting palettes back in the day.  Much softer shades than their AH counterparts at the time.  Almost, like, pastels.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2012, 02:38:01 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 04, 2012, 02:20:30 PM

lol, that's funny, as I love to clip and trim counters.  I use razor blades to separate them from the  sheet, and then use an emory board for fingernails. On. Each. And. Every. One.  :ph34r:

:) I am a grouchy MF when I'm counter clipping.

11B4V

Situation end of GT6. I'm still stunned at the capture of Kiev.

NE AO: Guderian struggling with his eastern flank.

SE AO: v. Kleist weighs in.

NW AO: The infantry have made surprising gains around Chernigov. The bridgehead was also expanded north of Neshin.

Admiral Yi

I feel like I've wandered into the Old Wargamers' Retirement Home.

The Brain

Why are the Soviets green? Old Regime Russia I can see, but the Reds?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on February 05, 2012, 04:12:06 AM

Who says they have to be Red?

The Brain

Quote from: 11B4V on February 05, 2012, 09:31:16 AM
Quote from: The Brain on February 05, 2012, 04:12:06 AM

Who says they have to be Red?

Why would they have to be red?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

End Game. A good chunk of the SW front was isolated.