Arizona to ban collective bargaining for Arizona’s public employees

Started by jimmy olsen, February 02, 2012, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on February 03, 2012, 05:27:18 PM
or facilitating subtle forms of bribery (like giving a sticker in exchange for "donation"), to be displayed conspicuously when pulled over by a cop.

Stickers on a window don't mean shit to cops.

Now license plates, that's a different story.

Neil

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 03, 2012, 09:51:39 AM
Heck, I oppose universal suffrage.  People ought to have to earn the right to vote.
I think that's overly simplistic.  While it sounds pleasant on the surface, if you think about it that's not such a good policy.  By including people in the political process, you allow them to air their grievances within the system, and thus you tend to avoid the political violence of previous years.  Now, if you wanted to attack universal suffrage from the other side, where people who have done great wrongs should be excluded, then that's another thing.  Even then though, such a thing would be pointless, as there are only a tiny number of people to whom one could apply a 'political death penalty', and stripping a tiny number of their vote isn't worth the hassle and potential for abuse of having such a process.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2012, 05:02:41 PM
I don't know why Hans has to answer about birthers or not. I know if somebody gave me the forum equivalent of poking me in the chest, I'd not answer either.
Especially if that person was Raz.  He keeps trying the same tired, pointless and false attacks.  He's like the forum equivalent of Tom DeLay.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on February 03, 2012, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2012, 05:02:41 PM
I don't know why Hans has to answer about birthers or not. I know if somebody gave me the forum equivalent of poking me in the chest, I'd not answer either.
Especially if that person was Raz.  He keeps trying the same tired, pointless and false attacks.  He's like the forum equivalent of Tom DeLay.

I know you can do better then that.  Step up your game.  Give me a good one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017