News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Annnnd it looks like visiting the border is off the table :(

It might be wise to spend more time in the south than planned....maybe even less time in Korea....
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 07, 2013, 11:51:30 PM
Annnnd it looks like visiting the border is off the table :(

It might be wise to spend more time in the south than planned....maybe even less time in Korea....
Did you look that up? Don't take my vague recollections as gospell.

There is so much to do in Seoul, a week is not nearly enough. Why are you so interested in the South?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Nothing serious is going to happen. Seoul will be perfectly safe.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Who knows.
At the least the JSA does seem to be closed.
██████
██████
██████

Camerus

I'm generally rather blase about such things, but even I would be reluctant to go now.  Odds are nothing will happen, but there's no reason, to paraphrase Dragon Warrior, to tempt the fates too much.

Jacob

If you plan on flying through Korean airspace, you're best off on a Chinese airline. If the North Koreans decide to do something stupid, they're less likely to target the Chinese.

Josquius

I can't seem to find anything that says the DMZ tours have stopped. :unsure:
Any ideas which companies are best? I hate tours...but its the only way.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Try these guys

http://www.adventurekorea.com/

If they don't have a good day for you, then just go for the best feature for the money you can find.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Thats who you went with?
They seem to only do Sundays and Mondays and don't go to the JSA :(
These tours all seem to be rather expensive. Need to shop around....
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

I took my sister with these guys. They definitely do the JSA, though I didn't do that part.

http://tourdmz.com/

Adventure Korea is a really good company. Check out there other offerings, especially if you're interested in nature tourism.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Think I'm going with a company called koridor, they're the only one that goes to the JSA whilst I'm there it seems. Pretty hard to find something.
Sadly have to leave it till the 30th (Saturday) to go though, would have preferred mid-week so I could get some drinks in on the Friday....oh well.
So itinerary looks like:
26th arrive
27-29: Stuff. General sites of Seoul, the old palace, pretty plastic ladies, adventure to Suwon hopefully, etc...
30th: DMZ
31st: Busan. Anything interesting in the middle to go via?
1st: Ferry to Japan

You live pretty far away from Seoul right?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

I can get to Seoul in 45 minutes via KTX (bullet), 90 minutes by regular train. Probably can be in Suwon in 30/60 respectively. I can definitely be up in Seoul for Friday night. This is the end of this month right?
Pretty plastic ladies
:yeahright:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 13, 2013, 12:11:52 AM
I can get to Seoul in 45 minutes via KTX (bullet), 90 minutes by regular train. Probably can be in Suwon in 30/60 respectively. I can definitely be up in Seoul for Friday night. This is the end of this month right?
Pretty plastic ladies
:yeahright:
Hey, I tell Japanese people I'm visiting Korea and that's the first thing many of them speak about.

Yeah, this month I'm going to be there.
No pressure if you can't come up what with me failing to make it into Tokyo when you were there.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point