News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nude camping?

Started by merithyn, May 01, 2009, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given a chance, would you go to a nudist campground?

yes, mosiquitos and poison ivy be damned!
possibly, but only if I knew everyone there
Possibly, but only if I didn't know anyone there
Not until there's less of me
No. Just... no

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2009, 10:35:30 AM
Why not?

My gym is across the street from my apartment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2009, 09:46:37 AM
Heh, anyone who goes to a gym regularly soon gets used to public nudity. The one I go to would surely not inspire dreams of homosexual sensuality though - unless your preferred object of desire is a flabby balding fiftysomething businessman with hair growing out of his ears.  :D

I used to use the gym regularly in college and there was little to no nudity.  Almost everyone kept their boxers on, though occasionally you'd see a dude wearing a towel headed for the group showers.

Malthus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 04, 2009, 10:45:05 AM
I used to use the gym regularly in college and there was little to no nudity.  Almost everyone kept their boxers on, though occasionally you'd see a dude wearing a towel headed for the group showers.

You'd have to go through extraordinary efforts to avoid having any nudity when the lockers are in one place and the open-concept showers are in another, together with the whirlpool bath, the sauna, etc.

I suppose you could strategically drape towels or hold a towel up as you change but if no-one else is doing it, you would look like a bit of a pussy.

Maybe college kids are more modest or something, but the business man types let it all hang out - or rather, sag down.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2009, 11:03:55 AM
Maybe college kids are more modest or something, but the business man types let it all hang out - or rather, sag down.  :lol:

Before I met my wife, I took the little brother (about 18 years old) of my then-girlfriend to a Bengals-Ravens game.  He was taking in the whole experience of being on the sideline, getting into the press area, etc., and loving every minute. 

That was until we got into the Bengals locker room after the game.  Made it about halfway through the locker room when a couple offensive lineman walked out of the showers (nekkid of course), scaring the shit out the kid.  He literally yelled "oh my God!" and turned tail out the door we came in through. 

I guess I was so desensitized at that point that I didn't think to prepare the poor kid for being exposed to giant NFL penises :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

What a ridiculous reaction.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2009, 12:51:37 PM
What a ridiculous reaction.

I can understand being caught off-guard, but yeah, it was over the top.  The kid was a bit of a tool in general, come to think of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2009, 12:59:15 PM
I can understand being caught off-guard, but yeah, it was over the top.  The kid was a bit of a tool in general, come to think of it.

Well yes, it is one thing to be surprised by the sudden appearance of many penises but quite another to run away in fear.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on May 04, 2009, 08:39:30 AM
Oh, I'm fairly sure we're going.

Would it just be you and Max, or the whole family.... :unsure:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

There are a lot of things that are pretty cool to do in the nude.

Some of them rther conventional, some of them not so much.

Camping, however, is not one of them. Bugs. Dirt. Sweat. Bugs. Rocks. Bugs. too hot. Too cold. Bugs.

Hello - fucking bugs!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

Hello - fucking bugs!

If they are big enough to greet, let alone have sex with, lack of clothes are the least of your worries.  :P

Caliga

HOTT.  I get first dibs on the cicada chix. :perv:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

On a more serious note - many years ago I was reading a book on human behaviour which had a chapter on the many uses humans had for clothes - dipslays of wealth and status, sexual enhancement (covering blemishes and enhancing the good bits), modesty, and protection from the elements, prickly bushes, bugs and the like. The last reason really comes to the fore when camping - but I am assuming that by "camping" Meri means a prepared campsite which is really more like "camping" in a city park: may not really *have* much in the way of prickly stuff or bugs. So "modesty" is the more significant factor.