And we're back!

Main Menu

Which art should I pick for my walls?

Started by The Brain, January 28, 2012, 05:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2012, 11:55:29 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2012, 05:28:19 AM
A Navajo rug.  One woven by hand by an authentic Navajo.

You know, that's a surprisingly popular niche;  was watching Antique Roadshow a while back, and they had somebody bring one in from the 1920/30's;  all sorts of nifty tribe-specific stuff involved in the production of those things.

Unfortunately, probably the best way to get one would require travelling to New Mexico/Arizona.  I picked mine up while passing through Gallup, NM.  It's not 1930's old, but I love the design.  Not cheap either...for a good sized one, about 5' x 3', is easily $2,000 and up.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2012, 03:28:02 PM

You know, that's a surprisingly popular niche;  was watching Antique Roadshow a while back, and they had somebody bring one in from the 1920/30's;  all sorts of nifty tribe-specific stuff involved in the production of those things.

Unfortunately, probably the best way to get one would require travelling to New Mexico/Arizona.  I picked mine up while passing through Gallup, NM.  It's not 1930's old, but I love the design.  Not cheap either...for a good sized one, about 5' x 3', is easily $2,000 and up.

You are the 1%.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 29, 2012, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2012, 03:28:02 PM

You are the 1%.

There is no way my ass is more 1% than yours.  :lol:

Siege

This would be appropiate for Brain's wall:

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

There is no way my ass is more 1% than yours.  :lol:

I did buy a velvet Elvis. Just because.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 29, 2012, 03:46:32 PM

I did buy a velvet Elvis. Just because.  :blush:

See, a room should reflect its owner.  I would have recommended velvet Elvises (Elvisii?) for Cal (and/or a painting of dogs playing poker), but it would work OK for you as well.

For the Brain, maybe something by or inspired by Hieronymus Bosch.

syk

Quote from: syk on January 28, 2012, 06:28:32 PM
I'll see if I can make a copy or two of Dr. Lecter.
The old stencils are kaputt. Had them stored rolled up at work which makes it pretty tough to get decent results. I'd have to cut them from scratch.