17 year old collapses after eating nothing but chicken nuggets for 15 years

Started by Syt, January 27, 2012, 11:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: citizen k on January 27, 2012, 02:08:03 PM
A 17 year old factory worker? Dickens' England still lives!

That part I find hard to believe. Didn't they move all manufacturing to eastern Europe or China?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2012, 03:01:40 PM
Quote from: citizen k on January 27, 2012, 02:08:03 PM
A 17 year old factory worker? Dickens' England still lives!

That part I find hard to believe. Didn't they move all manufacturing to eastern Europe or China?

Maybe they manufacture chicken nuggets for the local market.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2012, 11:42:00 AM
'I am starting to realise this is really bad for me,'

A less serious consequence of her craving is that she is struggling to store all the free toys that come with the fast food meals, she added – they fill four bin bags.
I love this article.

I didn't know the Mail went in for the cancer stories.  I thought that was an Express speciality.

Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

'I am starting to realise this is really bad for me,' she said. 'My main meal is always chicken nuggets every day. 

Ya think?!   :huh:

But I'm also in Camp Dubious on the veracity of this story.   :hmm:    Though I worked with a young woman, still in her teens I think, who would only eat cheeseburger/hamburger sandwiches for lunch, but I think she sometimes mixed that up with other stuff for dinner.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2012, 11:52:17 AM
I was expecting waaaay fatter.
:huh: There's a guy named Don Gorske in Wisconsin or someplace like that who eats nothing but Big Macs for every meal including breakfast (he buys them the night before, refrigerates, and then microwaves them in the morning).  He's not fat.  He's been on the Big Mac diet since the early 1970s IIRC.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 27, 2012, 08:16:11 PM
(he buys them the night before, refrigerates, and then microwaves them in the morning). 

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Stupid mother if true.

And I am rather amazed that she is quite OK looking and not a total beast.

It must indeed be balls.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on January 27, 2012, 11:44:30 AM
Making up a story about a crazy diet is a great way to get your 15 minutes. :)

Oh?

QuoteEating chocolate can stave off bowel cancer, say scientists

Yeah.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tyr on January 27, 2012, 11:00:59 PM
Stupid mother if true.

It must indeed be balls.

According to the article there are two other kids in the family who both have normal diets.

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 27, 2012, 10:09:57 PM
She's only 17. She'll probably be a blimp at 25.

She's only 17? Then my lawyer wants me to retract the "she can eat my chicken nuggets" statement for one year.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 28, 2012, 04:39:06 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 27, 2012, 11:00:59 PM
Stupid mother if true.

It must indeed be balls.

According to the article there are two other kids in the family who both have normal diets.

Still on the mother. Unless depriving a 2 year-old of its favorite treat is food insecurity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.