News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Parties: Shoes or no shoes?

Started by Martinus, January 22, 2012, 06:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I like wearing shoes indoors and don't take mine off at a party unless everyone else is doing it, or I am conscious of my shoes being filthy from street conditions (slush, mud, etc.).  Growing up, my mother made us take off our shoes coming in.

In Turkey, taking off your shoes at the door is mandatory at all times.  Only slippers inside the house.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

In HK, China and Japan etc, it is expected that all guests who enter someone else's home to remove their shoes.  Always. 

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on January 25, 2012, 09:29:24 PM
In HK, China and Japan etc, it is expected that all guests who enter someone else's home to remove their shoes.  Always. 
In your own home even. Back when I was checking out my flat before moving in I went in with my shoes somewhat as I was carrying heavy bags and had to put them down- the Japanese people with me started screaming in horror.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

I use slippers at home. I certainly would consider it quite rude if a guest went around in dirty outdoor shoes. When visiting others I follow the host's wishes on this matter.