News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama to seek new Presidential powers

Started by Kleves, January 13, 2012, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

QuoteThe official said 1,000 to 2,000 jobs would be cut, but the administration would do so through attrition; that is, as people routinely leave their jobs over time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Obama.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Kleves

Quote from: grumbler on January 13, 2012, 07:49:52 PM
One-time special good deal.  It isn't needed whe Congress is from the President's own party (unless that party is the Democratic Party, in which case he'd never get it!  :lol:)
:hmm: From the article:
QuoteAccording to the White House, presidents held such a reorganizational authority for about 50 years until it ran out during Reagan's presidency in 1984
That makes it sound like it wasn't a one-time deal, it was given when the majority in Congress was from the President's party, and that party was the Democratic party.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Josquius

It sounds like it makes sense and a lot of folks on both side of party lines should support it.
I'm fearful though of politics and wanting to hurt Obama making the reps oppose it...
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 07:57:57 PM
QuoteThe official said 1,000 to 2,000 jobs would be cut, but the administration would do so through attrition; that is, as people routinely leave their jobs over time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you, Obama.

Right now, the NSA is recording this.

OH FUCK, I'm in this thread.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I just got an email asking whether I'd prefer indefinite detention or a nearby drone to get it over with quickly.

I mean, death by airpower?  The man's a class act. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 09:08:13 PM
I just got an email asking whether I'd prefer indefinite detention or a nearby drone to get it over with quickly.

His killing of brown people by various means redeemed him somewhat in my eyes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2012, 09:08:13 PM

If you're extra-special nice, he might even drop a nuke.  Just for you. :P
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Martinus

Siege

Smart way to make the Tea Party look bad.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"