News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tales of Blackberry

Started by viper37, January 12, 2012, 12:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

You gotta love these Canadian companies.  :cheers:

I tought I had a problem with my Blackberries, as I changed the battery thrice in the last year.
Apparently, no one in tech support told me I absolutely had to plug the phone in the electric outlet instead of always using USB or car to charge it.

Anyway, just discovered it today, after I received my new phone.
But, hey guess what?  I'm now a RIM fan.

So, I complained to Telus, that despite my out of warranty status, having changed the battery thrice in a year, I shouldn't pay any penalties for renewing my contract before the end of the 3 year term.  So after a little haggling, they waived the fee.  0$ penalty, 0$ for the phone. 

And RIM gives me a 100$ pre-paid card for upgrading to one of their newest model and returning the old one...
So, I get paid to own a new cell phone.
Long live RIM!!  :Canuck:   :P

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I like the new Torch.  Sleek interface.  non physical sliding keyboard is ok.  Sufficient apps.  Good e-mail functions.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

I miss my Tour, because I loved my nipple scroll wheel.  Stupid Bold and the pad.  Sucks.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Scipio

The Playbook is tempting, as the 64 GB model costs as much as the 16 GB or 32 GB.  But is the fucking thing any good?  That's the one question no website seems to be able to answer.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on January 16, 2012, 07:06:14 PM
The Playbook is tempting, as the 64 GB model costs as much as the 16 GB or 32 GB.  But is the fucking thing any good?  That's the one question no website seems to be able to answer.
when their new OS come out, it should be on par with other tablets.  Currently, you'd need a Blackberry to check your emails, so it's not so good.  I believe most Android Apps will work on the new RIM tablet.