News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Suicide by Crossbow

Started by jimmy olsen, January 11, 2012, 01:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Sounds difficult. :hmm:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/10/10100089-mich-man-found-dead-with-an-arrow-in-his-chest-police-say-it-could-be-suicide

QuoteMich. man found dead with an arrow in his chest; police say it could be suicide
By msnbc.com staff and NBC News

A 53-year-old Michigan man was found dead Tuesday morning with an arrow in his chest.

The man, Chris Martin Allen, was found lying in the corner of a parking lot in Howell, about 30 miles east of Lansing.  The arrow was protruding from the left of his chest, and a crossbow was found next to his body, police said.

The police report said investigators considered Allen's death a homicide, but Police Chief George Basar told NBC station WILX of Lansing that suicide couldn't be ruled out.
advertisement

"It's physically possible," Basar said. "We have discussed that, and it's physically possible."

Allen lived near Wellston in northern Michigan but had been staying with relatives in a Howell-area apartment since the holidays, NBC station WDIV of Detroit reported.

The incident shook up neighbors in the apartment complex.

"I never thought I would have seen a crime scene here," resident Larry Varga told WILX. "It's a fantastic area and a nice place to live. Nothing ever happens around here."

"Police patrol this area very often" added Varga. "I have never seen any problems here except very tiny things like people having a party."

Police are puzzled, too, by the first possible homicide in the 39,000-person city since 2002, according to Michigan State Police records.

"I've been in the business for 37 years, and this is the first one that I've had," said Basar, who became chief in 2006.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

That's not how you do it.  How you do it is standing in a public square and ostentatiously slit your wrists upwards, starting with your right arm.  And you laugh and laugh, and then you're free (and then you shit yourself and someone else has to clean it up--HA!).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Maybe he set off one of his booby traps.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I can't believe that some people commit the crime of having a party!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on January 11, 2012, 01:35:31 AM
That's not how you do it.  How you do it is standing in a public square and ostentatiously slit your wrists upwards, starting with your right arm.  And you laugh and laugh, and then you're free (and then you shit yourself and someone else has to clean it up--HA!).
:unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2012, 01:59:41 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 11, 2012, 01:35:31 AM
:unsure:

It's important to have a Plan Z.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Why is suicide by crossbow not possible?  I can see a suicide by regular bow being a bit questionable, but a crossbow seems a lot like a shotgun in the mechanics of pulling the trigger.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on January 11, 2012, 02:34:51 AM
Why is suicide by crossbow not possible?  I can see a suicide by regular bow being a bit questionable, but a crossbow seems a lot like a shotgun in the mechanics of pulling the trigger.
Indeed, and it has been ruled as such.