Bronx principal under fire - outrageous 'sex machine' comments about photocopier

Started by garbon, January 09, 2012, 12:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

And to finish up my trifecta of important news that happened while we were away.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx-principal-fire-outrageous-machine-comments-photocopier-article-1.1002357

QuoteElected officials and school staffers are calling for the removal of a foulmouthed Bronx principal who taunted female workers about having sex with a photocopier and a computer.

Principal John Chase Jr. of Bronxdale High School made a series of outrageous comments to female staffers last July when his school received a new photocopier and a new computer, according to a November report by the Education Department's Office of Equal Opportunity.

"Have you seen the new copy machine? It does everything. It even has a hole in it where you can stick your d--- in it and get a b--- job," Chase told two female staffers, according to investigators.

Officials punished Chase — who earns a yearly salary of $132,633 and has worked for the Education Department since 2006 — by placing a disciplinary letter in his personnel file and requiring him to undergo sensitivity training.

But for some school staffers and elected officials, those steps were not enough.

"The fact that he's not being fired is insane," said a staffer who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "People are very uncomfortable around this guy. He needs to go."

One of the female staffers who witnessed Chase's July outbursts — and filed a police report about them in September — said that she's scared to work in the same building as Chase.

"I don't know what he's capable of," said the staffer. "He could hurt someone."

State Sen. Jeffrey Klein (D-Bronx) sent a letter to city Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott on Tuesday to call for Chase's removal.

"The mere fact that he was found guilty of sexual harassment undermines his authority as head of the school," Klein wrote in the letter.

The Education Department investigation did not substantiate the specific charge of "harassment," but found that Chase violated the Chancellor's regulations by "making inappropriate sexual comments."

Bronx City Councilman James Vacca also called for the controversial principal's ouster, but Walcott is sticking by his agency's decision to leave Chase in charge.

"I'm not going to remove him, but he knows he cannot have any similar type of comments. He is on a very strict line as far as his behavior," said Walcott, who added that some school staffers want Chase to remain in his post.

Angry school staffers and elected officials plan to hold a demonstration outside the school on Tuesday afternoon to call for Chase's removal.

Representatives from the offices of Klein and Vacca are expected to attend the rally.

Chase did not return repeated calls for comment.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

QuoteOne of the female staffers who witnessed Chase's July outbursts — and filed a police report about them in September — said that she's scared to work in the same building as Chase.
ya, something else happened. He pissed them off some other way and they had this as their trump card.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 09, 2012, 12:19:48 PM
QuoteOne of the female staffers who witnessed Chase's July outbursts — and filed a police report about them in September — said that she's scared to work in the same building as Chase.
ya, something else happened. He pissed them off some other way and they had this as their trump card.

It seems like there needs to be more to it as there isn't anything there that speaks to why you'd feel he could hurt someone.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 12:22:28 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 09, 2012, 12:19:48 PM

It seems like there needs to be more to it as there isn't anything there that speaks to why you'd feel he could hurt someone.
She doesn't like him, and the "he could hurt someone" canard is the heaviest that she could play.

I love the way the politicians twist the facts to suit their preconceptions, as well.  The fact that Klein and Vacca want him gone is a strong argument for his retention, and maybe even promotion.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Lucidor

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 12:22:28 PM

Unless you are a piece of delicate computer or photocopy equipment.

Ideologue

Tell me more about this photocopier.  My Epson does not have this feature.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 09, 2012, 02:48:14 PM
Tell me more about this photocopier.  My Epson does not have this feature.

Look at you, Mr. Livin' Large. Got yourself your own photocopier.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on January 09, 2012, 03:13:42 PM
(It's a scanner with a photocopier function. -_- )

Though, obviously, it lacks *some* of the features of the larger copiers ...  :P

Anyway, judging by the photo, Mr. Principal had better *hope* the photocopier puts out.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on January 09, 2012, 03:20:06 PM
Anyway, judging by the photo, Mr. Principal had better *hope* the photocopier puts out.  :lol:

Meh, this is America and he makes 130k/yr working in the Bronx.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Evidently that salary isn't sufficient to afford dentistry.  :yuk:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on January 09, 2012, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Evidently that salary isn't sufficient to afford dentistry.  :yuk:

I can barely make out his teeth so I can't really judge.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 03:51:19 PM
I can barely make out his teeth so I can't really judge.
It looks like he's got steel teeth from the (poor quality) photo.

:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points