News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Mat Latos really stepped on his crank in the 5th, allowing 6 runs.  Reds have been clawing & scrapping to make up the difference, but it's 6-3 & in the bottom of the 8th.

Marty Brennaman was trying to reassure the masses last night that no team has ever lost the series after leading 2-0 in a best of 5, 2-3 format.  Guess there's a first time for everything.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Nice strikeout to end it.

E:  Er..the Giants - Reds game & series.

Ed Anger

The reds bandwagon just collapsed
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 11, 2012, 11:35:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 09:36:04 PM
Glad to see Soriano gets a strike zone the size of a minivan tonight.

Umps have been calling the outside strike for bothe teams the whole series.

Apparently this has spread to the Cards-Nats game.  Two feet outside?  Called third strike.  Holliday just got screwed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Man I am sort of dreading watching the game tonight.  I am turning it off the second the Yankee lovefest breaks out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Great.  Got the first two men on and no runs.  Fuck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

NATE THE GREAT!  :)

1-0  COME ON BIRDS!

CountDeMoney

I just got home;  did I hear correctly that the O's have stranded 6 so far?

CountDeMoney

Fuck, this game has me clenched tighter than grumbler's puckerhole in a Marines barracks.

derspiess

Back to watching the O's-Yanks in the bottom of the 10th.  Too much shit to watch tonight: debate, two baseball playoff games, a surprisingly good NFL game, and I'm guessing there's a college football game on.

CountDeMoney

If I were a big league manager, I'd stock my entire bullpen with nothing but submariners.  Love how that release unsettles hitters.

And knuckleballers, too.  I'd bring back Charlie Hough.  Threw more junk than Fred Sanford.

Hey, speaking of knuckleballers, check out this trailer about an upcoming documentary on them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnX37Msqnlo

All you guys with sons need to teach them this art.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 10:05:08 PM
Hey, speaking of knuckleballers, check out this trailer about an upcoming documentary on them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnX37Msqnlo

All you guys with sons need to teach them this art.

I remember dad throwing knucklers at me in the Little League batting cage.  Thought it was sorcery.  Managed to hit a couple of them but told him to knock it off after a while.

MadBurgerMaker

Always wanted to see if I could make a "junkball" pitcher in The Show.  Never thought about making a pure knuckleballer.  Don't think it would work without SOMETHING that is relatively straight.

CountDeMoney

Thing about knucklers is, while they can totally vex a line up and drive it nuts, nothing short of something with wings can leave the park so quickly when it goes wrong.