News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Americans, kiss your liberty good bye

Started by Martinus, January 04, 2012, 03:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

I have asked people to show where it states differently since this hoopla has started(not here) and no one can produce.

Until they can, I say they are full of shit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I just don't like to state something authoritatively until I've done more than three minutes of work on it. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 04:26:08 AM
I just don't like to state something authoritatively until I've done more than three minutes of work on it. :P

When is bs started you should have in on some of the Gun Boards. Holy Shit! I could find nothing stating what they claimed and wasted far too much life reading it. But, if someone can produce something in black and white stating otherwise I'll be the first to admit; "Yea, you got something there"
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

I think he ran off to find another  :tinfoil: blog.

Marty the score is still USA 1, Gay Poles 0

Where'd you go??????

Tamas

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on January 04, 2012, 04:32:27 AM

I think you're missing a few zeroes in there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

11B4V

Martinus

Where'd you go??????

I'm at work. My hour is worth 430 euro (that's about $560), so unless you are willing to pay that, I am not going to waste time on research. I was quoting a news source which also quoted people who apparently researched this. I trust them more than some random redneck on the internet.

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2012, 04:57:32 AM

Where'd you go??????

I'm at work. I am also posting a news piece. I trust news sources more than some random redneck on the internet.

Dont trust a redneck, I wouldnt  :lmfao:. Read the document instead of regurgitating bullshit. You wouldnt let a redneck be more informed than you ...Would you? Surely that couldnt stand.

The challenge still stands.

Martinus

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on January 04, 2012, 04:01:13 AM
So why does the American Congress not have some rule on seperation of concerns? It shouldn't be possible to add completely unrelated stuff to a bill. Have a vote on each seperate measure. That increases transparency too.
Because that would stop Congress from doing things like this, which they don't want.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2012, 05:05:53 AM
Pay for my time then.

How many ADHD kids does it take to change a light bulb?

Wanna go bike riding?

Martinus

Ok, reading this:
QuoteSEC. 1022. MILITARY CUSTODY FOR FOREIGN AL-QAEDA TERRORISTS.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-

(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

This provision introduces a mandatory obligation of the US military to hold any such person in custody, and the highlighted language exempts US citizens from that obligation but lack of an obligation is not a prohibition as far as I am aware, unless US statutes are written in some bizarre manner where this is the case.  :huh: