News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

This expansion was a lot of fun but I have had my fill of WoW again.

I will probably check back in to see if the next expansion is going to be fun.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 05, 2011, 12:29:26 PM

I think the pattern is fairly well set.  The expansions are fun for awhile, but I'm less and less interested in max level grind.

I'll definitely buy "Mists of Panderia" or whatever, play for several months, and quit again.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on August 05, 2011, 12:35:15 PM

I think the pattern is fairly well set.  The expansions are fun for awhile, but I'm less and less interested in max level grind.

I'll definitely buy "Mists of Panderia" or whatever, play for several months, and quit again.

I like the end game better than getting there (although levelling through Uldum was really fun in this expansion).  Its just that I have been playing the end game for quite a while - on two toons now - and even that becomes unfun after a while.

Barrister

Grinding anything is, well, a grind.

I enjoy playing new content, which is what an xpac gives.  As soon as you're stuck running the same content over and over I lose interest.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

I have an obsessive personality so I like grinding shit more than an average player. Achievements are what hooked me - I now collect pets and stuff. :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on August 05, 2011, 12:43:38 PM
I enjoy playing new content, which is what an xpac gives.  As soon as you're stuck running the same content over and over I lose interest.

Agreed. Fortunately, the content in Warsong/AB/Twin Peaks is constantly changing.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 05, 2011, 12:38:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 05, 2011, 12:35:15 PM

I like the end game better than getting there (although levelling through Uldum was really fun in this expansion).  Its just that I have been playing the end game for quite a while - on two toons now - and even that becomes unfun after a while.

Come back. :weep:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2011, 01:22:26 PM
Achievements are what hooked me - I now collect pets and stuff. :P

No shit.  50 mounts? Albino drake FTW.

CountDeMoney

What servers are people on these days?  I'm all alone on Lightinghoof.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Rex Francorum

Come on Uther - Vita Infinita guild (alliance)
To rent

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Rex Francorum on August 06, 2011, 09:00:06 PM
Come on Uther - Vita Infinita guild (alliance)

Fuck that.

I'll come over and gank you.

Sophie Scholl

At least you can group up cross-server now via real-id.  I just discovered this neat little fact and am enjoying it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 07, 2011, 01:44:55 PM
At least you can group up cross-server now via real-id.  I just discovered this neat little fact and am enjoying it.

Explain.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2011, 08:00:30 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 07, 2011, 01:44:55 PM

Explain.
If you and someone you have on your real-id would be able to group up if you were on the same server (levels are close and factions are the same), you can send them a group invite to run dungeons.  Perhaps bg's as well.  I've only run dungeons with off server people so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."