And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 31, 2009, 02:56:31 PM
Well let me rephrase.

I've been both saving like made and selling anything I can get my hands on, and I'm at about 50-some gold at lvl 26 (probably spent 20g on some 14 slot bags), but only because I both know how to make money and know that a mount is coming up.

For a first time player though it's almost impossible without outside help.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=220.0
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

I'm only playing because my wife started playing.

We killed crocolisks in the Wetlands together last night.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Just canceled my subscription, haven't been playing enough lately to justify it.

Probably be back in a month.  :rolleyes:
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Grallon

Deleted my dwarf hunter alt last night.  Will keep my human mage since she's 80 though.  Later with some new content perhaps I'll be back.  Btw - how long does Blizzard keep an account suspended after your subscription finishes ?

In other news I've been trying to sell my Guild Bank (4 tabs) since I stopped playing regularly and it's absurd the prices I'm being offered: 600g for a 4 tabs bank full of stuff ?!!

I despise people !

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on April 02, 2009, 11:14:57 AM
Deleted my dwarf hunter alt last night.  Will keep my human mage since she's 80 though.  Later with some new content perhaps I'll be back.  Btw - how long does Blizzard keep an account suspended after your subscription finishes ?

In other news I've been trying to sell my Guild Bank (4 tabs) since I stopped playing regularly and it's absurd the prices I'm being offered: 600g for a 4 tabs bank full of stuff ?!!

I despise people !

Blizzard will keep your account forever.  The account (and its characters) will never be deleted.

And most people want to pick their own guild name, so I can understand why you're not getting many offers.

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2009, 11:18:40 AM

And most people want to pick their own guild name, so I can understand why you're not getting many offers.

I thought once you owned the guild charter you could rename it at will !?  Or did I dream that ?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Berkut

Well let me rephrase.

I've been both saving like made and selling anything I can get my hands on, and I'm at about 50-some gold at lvl 26 (probably spent 20g on some 14 slot bags), but only because I both know how to make money and know that a mount is coming up.

Pfft, no it isn't. Just mine and sell. You will have plenty of gold.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 11:25:35 AM
Well let me rephrase.

But what if you don't want to mine?

I'm currently alch/herb, and my wife is leather/skinner.  We're both selling all excess herbs/ skins, but trying to level our other profession as well...

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2009, 11:30:32 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 11:25:35 AM
Well let me rephrase.

I'm currently alch/herb, and my wife is leather/skinner.  We're both selling all excess herbs/ skins, but trying to level our other profession as well...

Then do any other gathering profession and sell the proceeds.

If you do not wish to sell the proceeds, then that is certainly your choice. But it is a choice.

Even then, getting enough gold for a mount is easy. Just don't buy stuff on the AH. Ever. It's not like there is anything there you *need*.

0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2009, 11:30:32 AM

You seem to be one of those people who is under the misconception that WoW stands for World of Warcraft.

Well, it doesn't. It stands for What others Want. What spec, skill set, professions, playstyle, etc, and so on others want you to be.  :cool:

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 11:40:08 AM
Even then, getting enough gold for a mount is easy. Just don't buy stuff on the AH. Ever. It's not like there is anything there you *need*.

I'm no spendthrift.  I willingly spent about 20g on some bags (money well spent), but beyond that I've bought NOTHING on the AH.

Sheesh - I never said getting money was impossible.  I said that if you're a first-time player who doesn't know all the tricks to the game it's damn hard.

Things like 'be sure to get a gathering profession' and 'never buy anything on the AH' aren't exactly on the in-game tips.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2009, 12:20:06 PM
Sheesh - I never said getting money was impossible.  I said that if you're a first-time player who doesn't know all the tricks to the game it's damn hard.

Things like 'be sure to get a gathering profession' and 'never buy anything on the AH' aren't exactly on the in-game tips.

See, I guess I am just an asshole.

If you are a first time player, it is easy to find out this information though - just ask someone. join a guild. This is an MMO, right?

One of the people I play MMO with, a good RL friend, just doesn't get this. He loves MMOs, but wants to play them solo for the most part. Not sure why, but it is very annoying when we group and he as shit gear because he refuses to ask anyone anything.

0 rows returned

Korea

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2009, 12:20:06 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 11:40:08 AM

I'm no spendthrift.  I willingly spent about 20g on some bags (money well spent), but beyond that I've bought NOTHING on the AH.

Maybe it has been a while since they were first time players but I agree with you since I'm a newb. I was able to afford my mount because my guild gave me some gold.  I was only like 10 gold away though.
I want my mother fucking points!

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on April 02, 2009, 12:39:43 PM
One of the people I play MMO with, a good RL friend, just doesn't get this. He loves MMOs, but wants to play them solo for the most part. Not sure why, but it is very annoying when we group and he as shit gear because he refuses to ask anyone anything.

But since I'm levelling a toon up I can see why he might.  The people you run into in the newbie zones at this point are either people levelling their 11ty-biollionth alt (and thus rushing to get out of there), or are other people who are completely clueless as well.

I really hate getting spammed group and/or guild invites with no warning or request...

Martinus

Btw, I don't know how unknown this bit of info is, but I found out today that you can actually open portals for your alts if you don't have any mage friends, but have a mage alt.

Just move your alt and your mage to more or less the same spot. Then log your mage and form a group (I tried with two other people to make sure the party stays after I log off - probably it should work with just one other person). Open the portal. Log out. Log in your alt. Have the group leader invite you. And voila, you can use the portal you just opened as your alt. :)

Edit: Coming to think about it, now that warlocks open summoning portals that stay in game, I suppose you can do the same with a warlock. The benefit of doing this as a mage, I suppose, is that your two party members can be anywhere else in the world, whereas if you want to get summoned through a warlock portal, you will need to have them on the spot.