And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on September 26, 2019, 04:26:40 PM
Hence guilds

Yep, trying to play classic without a guild was difficult even if you never wanted to play the end game content.

Zoupa

And a friends list. I ran countless Scholomance and Dire Maul dungeons with random folks I clicked with in LFG channel.

That was the cool thing about classic. If you were a decent dude with ok skills, ppl would friend you. Easier to build groups that way.

Probably helped that I was a tank though.

Valmy

Yeah forming guilds and groups was really the entire game really in vanilla. It was the part of the game I loved and I left as soon as that ceased to be a thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on October 01, 2019, 08:07:46 PM

Probably helped that I was a tank though.

Being a non-douche bag, competent tank was a good way to have friends. They were rare.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sophie Scholl

If anyone would like to come out of retirement, the new recruit a friend program is up.  I'd be happy to share.  :)  https://battle.net/recruit/56CBVR2VFW
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

WoW classic is about to open the Dark Portal and Outland - but 2 weeks early you can now roll your blood elf or draeni toons.  Starts tonight.

Highly unlikely I'll make it much past 20 (I have no fucking time to play these things) but I'm back in to roll a belf.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

It really is like the old days - servers are down!  :D

Eddie Teach

Holy shit, you're still playing this?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 19, 2021, 12:33:52 AM
Holy shit, you're still playing this?  :huh:

More like "again" rather than still.