News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on August 27, 2019, 11:26:38 AM
I leveled to 60 on a protection warrior. It was incredibly slow in Vanilla. Compared to the warlock I played afterwards, it was especially obvious.

Yup my highest level toon was a prot warrior that I levelled right to 60 in vanilla.  I sidelined that toon for a mage the day TBC came out, and yes the difference in speed was pretty obvious.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Up to 10 on my shaman and I have a full complement of bags!  Hooray for the amazing people going around making bags for no cost other than the mats. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

I leveled to 60 on a protection warrior. It was incredibly slow in Vanilla. Compared to the warlock I played afterwards, it was especially obvious.

Yeah me to. I am glad it was the first one I ever leveled. I had previously played Daoc and EQ so it seemed really fast to me :P

Ignorance helps.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

And on Bloodsail Buccaneers, it shows a queue of under 1000.  Way better than yesterday.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2019, 06:12:12 PM

Yeah me to. I am glad it was the first one I ever leveled. I had previously played Daoc and EQ so it seemed really fast to me :P

Ignorance helps.
Man.  Coming from EQ everything seemed so much easier and less dangerous.  Now coming from retail, its the exact opposite.  Oh how things change! :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 27, 2019, 12:51:33 PM
Up to 10 on my shaman and I have a full complement of bags!  Hooray for the amazing people going around making bags for no cost other than the mats. :)

How many slots?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 27, 2019, 07:42:33 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 27, 2019, 12:51:33 PM

How many slots?
6 slot linen bags.  The servers have been open for roughly 24 hours.  Let's not go crazy with expectations. ;)

Barrister

Played for at least a couple of hours the last three nights (which pace won't be sustainable), and made it up to the grand old level of... 10.  I am still definitely having fun with it though.  There's still a lot of people at my level in the starting zones, and there's lots of spontaneous grouping om order to complete quests.

crazy canuck

The need to group up to complete various tasks is the thing I missed most.  The latest versions of the game only required grouping for the end game content and even then it was a speed run.  However, I want to devote the time that was required to pay it that way again and I shouldn't have spent the time back in the day either.

Josquius

I'm not getting the sudden classic WOW trend...
So they've re-released WOW...Without all the expansions...And this is good?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2019, 12:10:34 PM
I'm not getting the sudden classic WOW trend...
So they've re-released WOW...Without all the expansions...And this is good?

Basically, people want to feel 15 or 20 years old again.

I did not play WoW until Cata, so I might pop in for a couple months as someone that visits a museum would. But only once the servers are down to sane populations.

Grey Fox

It's pretty sane & while not empty. You should try it now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 02, 2019, 01:13:54 PM
Nostalgia.

Well I disagree. I think there were great features of that game that they removed later on. But it is an endless arguement. I mean I feel no particular nostalgia for what I did in my late 20s which was when I played WoW, but at least in my opinion it totally went to shit in WoTLK. I get why people would prefer the non-dogshit version.

I don't have that kind of time to play a game like this these days though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

I think WoW had a lot of incremental changes that were each reasonable and rational attempts to cater to their customers, but the sum of which radically decreased the overall interest of the game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned