News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

The changes were a bit much to figure out in the brief time I was on.  No more skill trees  :cry:

My bars are all messed up and I have to figure out what macros I now need etc.  Its a bit like learning a new system but with advanced characters.

I am wondering whether I should just try something new and level a panda monk healer/dps from lvl one to get a feel for it all.

What about professions.  What is worth having these days?

The alternative is just leveling my priest from 85 and keeping all the work I put in leveling enchanting.  If I do this I think I would want to keep the free 90 boost for some other class I might want.

Thoughts and advice welcome  :)

Barrister

Roll a new toon up to 20 to start getting comfortable with the more general changes, then decide what to do.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Blizzard has cut down the number of abilities and/or added some together, or certain abilities/spells are only available to certain talent trees. This cuts down on a crowded tool bar and so far I like what they've done. So macros are likely less confusing and not as many needed.

I don't know what levels you need to be to get into the new regions but if it's like other expacs then it's likely 88. Starting out as a 90 in the expac the first area's mobs are pretty easy to kill if you're geared well from Pandaria. The first areas seem to be geared towards all players, including those not geared well, so you should be fine.

Professions. I think jewel crafting and enchanting are good. You can sell enchants on the AH, and gems have a good market. Herbalism perhaps as I used to make a lot of money selling herbs but that can vary and I've found it depends on the server. I really don't know about the others so much but mining should do well or most gathering profs. Check out the Auction House on your server to see what seems to be selling a lot of.

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on November 17, 2014, 03:11:34 PM
Blizzard has cut down the number of abilities and/or added some together, or certain abilities/spells are only available to certain talent trees. This cuts down on a crowded tool bar and so far I like what they've done. So macros are likely less confusing and not as many needed.

I don't know what levels you need to be to get into the new regions but if it's like other expacs then it's likely 88. Starting out as a 90 in the expac the first area's mobs are pretty easy to kill if you're geared well from Pandaria. The first areas seem to be geared towards all players, including those not geared well, so you should be fine.

Professions. I think jewel crafting and enchanting are good. You can sell enchants on the AH, and gems have a good market. Herbalism perhaps as I used to make a lot of money selling herbs but that can vary and I've found it depends on the server. I really don't know about the others so much but mining should do well or most gathering profs. Check out the Auction House on your server to see what seems to be selling a lot of.

Thanks, I wont worry so much about learning to program new macros.  :)

Martinus

Professions are now much more nice to have than must have. Also you can now level all from 1 in Draenor so no need to pre-level.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2014, 04:21:09 PM
Professions are now much more nice to have than must have. Also you can now level all from 1 in Draenor so no need to pre-level.

When were they ever must have?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Well they used to give bonus to stats etc for example. And besides now you can create a lot of stuff in your garrison.

crazy canuck

Having some trouble getting back into it.  The target mob, click appropriate rotation buttons, rinse and repeat used to seem more interesting somehow.

Eddie Teach

I was going to buy it tonight, but it turned out I was able to download Hearthstone for free. Probably still end up getting it in a couple days.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

The garrison only works half of the time but it is so much fun. I just saw my followers walk out on a mission I sent them. :D

katmai

Only works half time? How so. I'm still barely into it with just upgrading to lvl 2 but haven't seen anything wonky as yet.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on November 20, 2014, 03:22:43 AM
Only works half time? How so. I'm still barely into it with just upgrading to lvl 2 but haven't seen anything wonky as yet.

Well, yesterday evening I was unable to log on my character who logged off in my lvl 2 garrison and had to play on an alt - effectively the garrison lvl 2 "world server" was down on most EU servers.

Sophie Scholl

I'm really loving this expansion.  So much fun stuff to see and do. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Yeah, they really seem to have done their best. It has the freshness of the Burning Crusade and the Wrath of the Lich King to it, coupled with some really cool game improvements. It almost feels like WoW 2.0.

Btw, garrison mission management - candidate for a mobile app? I would love to be able to send my followers on missions when I am at work. :P

Martinus

Admittedly, this is the first time I am seriously playing Alliance, so this may be contributing to the "freshness" factor for me.