News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lndhand

And another thing -- these 5 level expansions are complete and utter bullshit clearly designed to milk the player base.  Rip -- off.   
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lndhand on November 11, 2011, 03:09:48 PM
And another thing -- these 5 level expansions are complete and utter bullshit clearly designed to milk the player base.  Rip -- off.

Eh, I suspect most people are even more tired of leveling than of "end-game". Forcing more of it won't improve the experience. Neither would neglecting to do any expansions at all.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Had a good experience with the Looking for Raid tool, first time I used it I got a group in 5 seconds, and we went in and killed a boss in the first go. Everyone went for the right add and it was fairly easy.

2nd boss, first round no one really knew what to do, somewhat quick wipe. But the second time everyone figured out the running clockwise part and it was a kill.

Overall it seemed the damageload was easy enough for the healers, and the mechanics were simple enough for the dps. Maybe I was just lucky though. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Iormlund

I managed to log in for a couple hours today. Got into the first of the new dungeons. It was disappointingly easy. And that first run the dragon dropped the trinket, so now nothing in those dungeons is a step up for my rogue (only thing below 378 is the other trinket). Guess I'll focus on my priest (lvl 83 now) and the LFR thing ...

Rex Francorum

The new Darkmoon Faire has some fun mini-games. Liked the whack-a-gnoll in particular.
To rent

CountDeMoney

Interesting.

My main Lock on Lightinghoof's entire bank account of roughly 15,000g and his items are all wiped out.  Only thing left was the black shirt he was wearing  :lol:
None of my other alts were touched on LH or any other server.

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?

Iormlund

Sheldon Cooper. :P

Also a friend of mine. A GM got all his stuff back after his account was hacked.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2011, 03:25:34 PM
Interesting.

My main Lock on Lightinghoof's entire bank account of roughly 15,000g and his items are all wiped out.  Only thing left was the black shirt he was wearing  :lol:
None of my other alts were touched on LH or any other server.

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?
Got hacked last year.  Actually caught the hacker in the attempt.  Sucked initially, but Blizzard's customer support staff was great and I got back all my stuff, plus all the additional stuff the kekeke kid farmed in dungeons when he was on my account. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Well, it was the only toon;  granted, he was the highest and was summarily cleaned out (guess he wasn't worth farming with  :lol:, but the only thing I can think of that compromised the account was the Armory app I have on my iTouch;  that's not encrypted or firewalled like my PC was.
Then again, who knows: it's only happened in the last month, so I'll start the process with Blizz and see what happens.

CountDeMoney

I'm dumping WoW.  Even with authentication, Battle.net can't maintain the security of my account.
My main character's account wasn't just hacked this time;  apparently this time, I pissed off whoever did it enough that he/she/they deleted him.

RIP Kallius.  :(

Martinus

You can ask a GM to restore a deleted character. I had this done a number of times when I wanted a character whom I deleted back.

Plus, I'm really surprised you are constantly being hacked. It never happened to me - I use iPhone authenticator. Plus, you can now report being hacked and you get your items back after a couple of days of the GMs conducting an "investigation".

CountDeMoney

Yeah, they just did it in a matter of a couple hours.

I don't know if the problem's with me, or with Battle.net.

Liep

So.. more Mists of Pandaria news. I'm probably going to pick it up, if only to try the monk class which seem rather fun.

www.wowheadnews.com for info.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Touch of Death

4 Chi
    Melee Range
    Instant
    1.5 min cooldown
    Requires Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
    You exploit the enemy target's weakest point, instantly killing the target.
    Only usable on non-player targets who have equal or less health than you.

Grallon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 08, 2012, 02:51:15 AM
I'm dumping WoW.  Even with authentication, Battle.net can't maintain the security of my account.
My main character's account wasn't just hacked this time;  apparently this time, I pissed off whoever did it enough that he/she/they deleted him.

RIP Kallius.  :(

AH!  I haven't played in 2 years and I get *daily* fishing emails informing me my account is at risk blah blah blah... I suppose that means they haven't cracked it yet.  They're welcome to it if they manage to get in.  *shrug*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel