What Song Was Top Of the Charts Went You Lost Your Virginity ?

Started by mongers, January 05, 2012, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

You remember the date for this? I could give you maybe a guess within six months.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 06, 2012, 03:04:35 AM
You remember the date for this? I could give you maybe a guess within six months.
Yeah, that's what I did... it was April-May of 1995 someplace.  But the song I linked to was on top of the charts for that entire timeframe.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Richard Hakluyt

Syt

Not sure what was on #1 (was sometime in 1993).

But it was to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSXx7-EceBA

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

EDIT: Research reveals that in July 1993 this was #1 in Germany:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMT3200Ju6s&feature=related
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I do not remember what the date was  :hmm:

It was in 2000 though.  I was 23 and it was shortly after my GF at the time informed me she could never have children  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Looks like it was La Bamba.  Which, oddly enough, I sang at my wedding reception.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.