News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Patrician IV

Started by Darth Wagtaros, December 16, 2011, 10:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Any good? Never played any Patrician game. Looking for something low key but with lots of things to do and such and so forth.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Brain

Isn't it loved by millions of Germans?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Shade

I have never played but here is what I found

QuoteThe Good

Cool political intrigue 
    Mayoral privileges deepen gameplay 
    It's satisfying to get filthy rich off trade.

The Bad

Excessive grinding 
    Lackluster sea battles 
    Cruel, jealous lieges pillage your peaceful farms.

I got this from http://www.gamespot.com/patrician-iv/reviews/patrician-iv-review-6280912 Whole review is there... hope that helps

HisMajestyBOB

Saw a review somewhere that said it wasn't much better than Patrician III. Not much changed or different.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

Was Patrician III any good?
PDH!

Seen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 17, 2011, 12:54:26 PM
Was Patrician III any good?@
Yes, but it was the same as II but in III you could make your own cities. Which had little point but whats in a 3

Josquius

I remember playing one of the earlier ones and it being rather lame. Steep learning curve and dull.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Seen on December 17, 2011, 06:48:29 PM
Yes, but it was the same as II but in III you could make your own cities. Which had little point but whats in a 3

Well, in Germany, P3 was sold as "Patrician 2 Gold", so . . .
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Seen

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2011, 03:03:07 AM
Quote from: Seen on December 17, 2011, 06:48:29 PM

Well, in Germany, P3 was sold as "Patrician 2 Gold", so . . .
Heh, that makes a lot more sense. A well, marketing.  :rolleyes:

KRonn

I've only played a little of P4. I like it, but then I'm a big fan of the Patrician games. I still play P3 a lot too. P4 has more competition with other traders, though I haven't played enough to know how much that affects game play. In P3 the other traders were never really much of competitors with you. More ships in P4, a few other things. Similar to P3 in many ways, which is good for fans of the series.

crazy canuck

If I could have figured out how to use the fleet auto trade commands more efficiently I probably would have enjoyed this a lot more then\I did.  But it was still fun.

KRonn

Auto trade can be tricky to set up at first, but is actually fairly easy to use. It's pretty necessary once you get beyond a few ships or convoys. For automating a convoy buying and selling on a trade route, just let it go, it'll work fine. And for pickups and deliveries from production towns, goods and raw materials. Usually I have all towns built after a while, and auto trading is necessary to move goods from where they're produced to supply other towns.