News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

They merged most of the servers and added people to just a few of them (7-8). If you have a duplicate name you will be asked to change and can rename your legacy.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

I rolled an Imperial Agent on the Barge the other day, gotta check in and see where he and the others on the other servers wound up.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2012, 09:40:14 PM
I rolled an Imperial Agent on the Barge the other day, gotta check in and see where he and the others on the other servers wound up.

Look for Olechka, Sith Inquisitor, on the same server.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Wait, what?

Pleasure Barge is no more.  Instead I'm on The Harbinger?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 18, 2012, 11:02:11 PM
Wait, what?

Pleasure Barge is no more.  Instead I'm on The Harbinger?

LOL, Yeah, my Imperial Agent, Argistan, is on the Harbinger server now.

My other alts are on the Prophesy of the Five server (PVP, east coast)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on May 30, 2012, 01:56:12 PM
I'll play either. We're you one having ethical problems playing sith or was that CC?

BB always sides with authority, so he'd go from the Republic to the Empire in a heartbeat.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

My Sith Inquisitor has so many Dark Side points, with the effects on, he's all fucked up.

Barrister

Game goes F2P today.

And actually I've gone back to playing it over the last couple of weeks.  Be interesting to see how many people F2P brings in (though with the merges server populations have been fairly lively).

Strix

CdM, if you start playing your alts on PoT5 let me know, my pvp guild switched there from Jung Ma (it's a dead server).
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

crazy canuck

If I get some time I might play once in a while now that it is Free.  But it depends on who fun the free version is.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2012, 03:42:30 PM
If I get some time I might play once in a while now that it is Free.  But it depends on who fun the free version is.

Well it's still the same game.  All single-player content is free right up to level 50.  There are some odd restrictions - number of UI bars, inventory and bank slots, that you have to pay to unlock.  I believe the various operations (their version of dungeons) have to be unlocked with a weekly pass.

It's a fun game for the amount I play right now - about an hour a night.  I think to a heavy player though it would get fairly monotonous.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2012, 03:48:46 PM
Well it's still the same game.  All single-player content is free right up to level 50.  There are some odd restrictions - number of UI bars, inventory and bank slots, that you have to pay to unlock.  I believe the various operations (their version of dungeons) have to be unlocked with a weekly pass.

Yeah, thats a deal breaker for me.  I didnt mind paying for that stuff with GW because I didnt pay a subscription.  But no way am I going to pay for that stuff after having shelled out for months on a subscription basis. They already took that money.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 15, 2012, 04:28:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2012, 03:48:46 PM

Yeah, thats a deal breaker for me.  I didnt mind paying for that stuff with GW because I didnt pay a subscription.  But no way am I going to pay for that stuff after having shelled out for months on a subscription basis. They already took that money.

Well then you're in luck.  You get a number of their Whichamacallit Points by virtue of having paid for the game and having subscribed to it.  You can use them to purchase back those UI bars and inventory.

The fact you paid for the game gets some recognition.  But now you can play without paying $15 per month.  But obviously, paying $15 per month will give you some perks you don't get paying for free.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on November 15, 2012, 02:29:06 PM
CdM, if you start playing your alts on PoT5 let me know, my pvp guild switched there from Jung Ma (it's a dead server).

As soon as I can log back in and whatnot, I'll post my characters and servers.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 16, 2012, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: Strix on November 15, 2012, 02:29:06 PM

As soon as I can log back in and whatnot, I'll post my characters and servers.

Hurry back! Some awesome PVP/PK going on right now. They added the new HK companion quest, and the first part must be bought from a Jawa on the Outlaws Den...where you can basically kill anyone not in your group (on either side).