And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2012, 12:45:06 PM
It is not about substance here. 

Well, no. It's theater to fuck around with the emotions of women voters. The Limbaugh thing and the Romney thing both.

OMG they hate you more than we do!!!1111   :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

I particularly enjoyed both Mitt's and Ann's "shout outs" to Moms everywhere today.  Because that's just what the NRA is all about.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

YEAH PRESIDENTIAL ASSASSINATIONS AS METAPHOR

QuoteFoster Friess: 'I Hope Obama's Teleprompters Are Bulletproof'

During an appearance on Fox Business Network Wednesday, Foster Friess--the billionaire backer of former Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum--said he hopes President Obama's "teleprompters are bulletproof."

"There are a lot of things that haven't been hammered at because Rick and Mitt have been going at each other," the retired mutual fund manager said before he made his comment directed at the president. He later told ABC News that he regretted his words immediately after he said them.

Talking about Obama's teleprompter use had become one of Santorum's favorite digs at the president.

"I've always believed that when you run for President of the United States, it should be illegal to read off a teleprompter, because all you're doing is reading someone else's words to people," Santorum said at a March campaign stop in Mississippi.

Friess pledged to support Mitt Romney now that Santorum is out of the race. That will mean some more cash for Romney, but potentially more on-air blunders as well. In February, when Santorum decided to make contraception a campaign issue, Friess told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell that "back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraception. The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn't that costly."

Friess' comment isn't the first time a quip about shooting the president has become a story during the campaign cycle. Earlier this year, at a campaign stop at a shooting range in Louisiana, a woman shouted, "Pretend it's Obama," while Santorum was taking target practice.

"It's a very terrible and horrible remark and I'm glad I didn't hear it," Santorum said, regarding the incident.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 12:41:31 PM

So, there's a difference between moms and millionaire moms, and that's what got lost in all this.  Ann Romney a stay-at-home Mommy?  Nigga, please.

Yep this is where they fucked it up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Seedy's on fire today! :lol:  Getting nervous?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on April 13, 2012, 07:36:25 PM
You have to be nuts not to be.

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on April 13, 2012, 07:30:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 12:41:31 PM

So, there's a difference between moms and millionaire moms, and that's what got lost in all this.  Ann Romney a stay-at-home Mommy?  Nigga, please.

Yep this is where they fucked it up.

There's a whole demographic of poorly-educated (but not poor) women out there, who don't think of themselves as "minorities" and so who are natural republican voters, but the republicans don't seem to have a clue as to how to pick them up.  I don't get it.  The Republicans have overwhelmingly got the uneducated "white male" vote, and I don't understand how they could be missing so badly with their female counterparts.  The fact that republican-leaning males like to refer to women as whores can't explain the whole phenomenon.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

KRonn

Women are so doomed. First the Republican war on women's contraceptives, and now the Democrat's war on stay at home moms.   :(   

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 13, 2012, 07:36:25 PM

I do: Lean Forward.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 13, 2012, 02:46:11 PM
I really find the 'Obama's apologising for America' a bizarre line.  In terms of Republicans actually getting ready for the election I think it's almost as self-harming as the idea that Obama's not very bright and can't speak without a teleprompter.

They need to work on better lines, because these are demonstrably untrue and don't ring with what anyone else sees.

Why do you think it's bizarre and self-harming?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2012, 07:47:57 PM
There's a whole demographic of poorly-educated (but not poor) women out there, who don't think of themselves as "minorities" and so who are natural republican voters, but the republicans don't seem to have a clue as to how to pick them up.  I don't get it.  The Republicans have overwhelmingly got the uneducated "white male" vote, and I don't understand how they could be missing so badly with their female counterparts.  The fact that republican-leaning males like to refer to women as whores can't explain the whole phenomenon.

Maybe because they've been convinced they're not allowed to vote?

"Billy Bob Ray, he does all tha' thinkin' for both of us."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 13, 2012, 08:49:17 PMWhy do you think it's bizarre and self-harming?
It depends which you mean the 'apology tour of the world' or the teleprompter.   They're both wrong, I think it's relatively easy to demonstrate otherwise and I don't think they fit with what most non-Republicans see in Obama.

It's kind of like the whole dangerous radical friend of Bill Ayres thing.  While that line of attack excited the base I don't think it was at all connected with the sort of impression most people have of Obama.  So they hear a line about him being mates with the Weather Underground, they look at Obama and don't recognise it.  Then the attacker ends up looking worse.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2012, 06:05:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 13, 2012, 11:47:30 AM
No way this is real. :lol:

https://www.gop.com/momsdoworkmug/momsdoworkmug.htm

Order your mug.

Looks like the perfect Mother's Day gift.

Maybe I'll get one for my mom.  If I can figure out which address she's at these days.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017