News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Ideologue

Wait, who does Monty Burns represent?  The old rich guy or the old rich guy?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Lord Newt's ego is extraordinary.  'It's not that I'm a good debater. It's that I articulate the deepest felt values of the American people.' :lol:

Edit:  Newt's making a play for Paul's voters.  He's been right, on the issue of money and the Fed, for 25 years.  He's worried about 'fiat money'.  Paul's greatest achievement is that his views have gone from the bizarre sideshow in 2008 to acceptable Republican views in 2012.

Sadly it's his views on the Fed rather than, say, foreign policy, drugs or civil liberties.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

I wonder if it wasn't just me that had the idea of spoiling the SC primary.  I mean, when I was at my precinct, there was a black woman voting.  You can't tell me that was on the level.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Poor Mitt.  He lost two out of one primaries this week.  If he was capable of experiencing feelings, he would be pretty bummed right around now.

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2012, 09:32:40 PM
Paul's greatest achievement is that his views have gone from the bizarre sideshow in 2008 to acceptable Republican views in 2012.

Sadly it's his views on the Fed rather than, say, foreign policy

Negative.  Stop being a bad ally.
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Newt just effectively stole Cameron's 'big society'.  It sounded less like vapid bullshit from Newt.

The county Romney's doing best in is 'Richland' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2012, 09:27:22 PM
Edit:  I think we'll see Republican elites grasping for someone else in the next few days.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a rash of 'draft Daniels' or 'draft Bush'.

That'd be pretty cool, especially if it results in an old school brokered convention.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

sbr

Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2012, 09:35:39 PM
I wonder if it wasn't just me that had the idea of spoiling the SC primary.  I mean, when I was at my precinct, there was a black woman voting.  You can't tell me that was on the level.

:lol:

sbr

KRonn

The primary race is still early, especially given that the races are split. I think Romney was polling well in Florida, one of the next states. Not sure how things stand there now. He was doing very well but he fell down on the last two debates. Among other things, Bain and taxes. By now he should have had no problem discussing his time at Bain, should have easily anticipated that. And he seemed to be so timid and unsure on releasing his taxes. Just make a decision!

I'm surprised to see Santorum still in there. I figured he'd fizzle, but that was before the voting started. He's shown some strength.

I figured Gingrich was down and out but he came on strong the last two weeks, after stopping his dumb ass attacks on Romney and Bain. He just botched all that, I feel. 

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on January 21, 2012, 09:53:25 PM
I figured Gingrich was down and out but he came on strong the last two weeks, after stopping his dumb ass attacks on Romney and Bain. He just botched all that, I feel.
He stepped those attacks up in the last two weeks.  He paid for a thirty minute documentary about it in SC last week.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on January 21, 2012, 09:52:14 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2012, 09:49:34 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2012, 09:46:54 PM
The county Romney's doing best in is 'Richland' :lol:

<_<

Is that your county?

Yep. -_-

Actually, I have no idea how primaries work.  Does my vote count toward the total of South Carolinian votes, or is it winner-take-all for counties, or what?
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Extraordinarily Gingrich won a majority of married women :mellow:

Romney lost every income group but those who earn over $200 000.  I think they could now be almost equal in the popular vote nationally.
Let's bomb Russia!