News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Phillip V on February 04, 2012, 02:30:53 PM
Hopefully Paul places second in Nevada tonight.
I think that's expected.  Nevada seems like territory for him and Romney alone.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

I think it would be a good move to have open primaries only in those years when both parties' nominations are contested.

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2012, 04:54:03 PM
I think it would be a good move to have open primaries only in those years when both parties' nominations are contested.

Agreed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Strangely enough, right after posting that I heard Buddy Roemer on CNN talking about his campaign to win the Democratic nomination for president.

Sheilbh

I think Roemer's running for Republican nomination :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 04, 2012, 06:39:26 PM

Ah.  He was ranting about Wall Street owning the White House so I figured him for looney left.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 04, 2012, 06:41:52 PM
Ah.  He was ranting about Wall Street owning the White House so I figured him for looney left.
Oh no.  The whole point of his run is campaign finance reform.

Personally I quite like him.  I wanted him and Johnson (after all their backgrounds about as credible as Romney or Huntsman or Mike Gravel who got to debate last year) to surge at some point, but they weren't even allowed to debate :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 04, 2012, 06:39:26 PM

Scip likes him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

What's the deal with all the people rooting for Paul?  Am I not giving you people enough crazy?

Eddie Teach

Paul is the lesser evil in the race since Johnson and Huntsman dropped.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 04, 2012, 06:47:19 PM
Oh no.  The whole point of his run is campaign finance reform.

Personally I quite like him.  I wanted him and Johnson (after all their backgrounds about as credible as Romney or Huntsman or Mike Gravel who got to debate last year) to surge at some point, but they weren't even allowed to debate :(

While his anti-Wall Street stance is admirable, like Paul he has too many goofy anti-NATO/pro-isolationism stuff going on.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2012, 07:17:37 PM
What's the deal with all the people rooting for Paul?  Am I not giving you people enough crazy?

Stoner vote.  Morons.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2012, 08:18:15 PM
Paul is the lesser evil in the race since Johnson and Huntsman dropped.

Uh.  Negative. :huh:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)