News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

You people may now call me: Laird MacCaliga

Started by Caliga, December 22, 2011, 09:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

My uncle used to work for a Laird in Fife. My cousins and I spent summer running around several acres of estate  :scots: :bowler: :scots:

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 23, 2011, 04:47:15 AM
Is this one of those buy a plot on the moon schemes?
Nah, I got it via a Laphroaig marketing promotion... and I get free scotch via Princesca's employer (Beam Brands), so like I said my Scottish estates cost me nothing. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 23, 2011, 04:47:15 AM
Is this one of those buy a plot on the moon schemes?

In Scotland anyone who owns land is given the honorific "laird."  Or so the story goes.

CountDeMoney

Cal,  I hope your meaningless little Scottish MacTitle makes you happy, because once Frankfort finds out, you'll never get your Colonelcy.  Foreign trappings and all that.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2011, 08:13:30 AM
Cal,  I hope your meaningless little Scottish MacTitle makes you happy, because once Frankfort finds out, you'll never get your Colonelcy.  Foreign trappings and all that.
:hmm: I'll have to look in to that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 23, 2011, 08:51:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2011, 08:13:30 AM
:hmm: I'll have to look in to that.

:menace:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive