Main Menu

Freddie Mac CFO commits suicide

Started by jimmy olsen, April 22, 2009, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 22, 2009, 01:15:01 PM
So, what are we going to find out FM was doing eh?

That was my initial thought too.  :blush:

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 22, 2009, 01:24:22 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2009, 01:23:09 PM
Do you know how much most new Fortune 500 CFOs work? I doubt he was raising his kid before, and he won't do so now either.

If all he had was a 900K house I doubt he was pulling 100 hour weeks.

He was just an acting CFO, so he may have just been promoted. The last proxy I could find showed the CFO made just over $4.3 million for Freddie Mac in 2007. I would guess he is familiar with the 100 hour workweek, at least on occassion.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

saskganesh

Quote from: Martinus on April 22, 2009, 01:16:10 PM
QuoteKellermann, 41, lived in Hunter Mill Estates, a well-off neighborhood of large single-family homes with manicured lawns. County records show Kellermann's home is worth about $900,000.
Isn't it rather cheap for a financial shark?

real estate values  ;)  have been plummeting. it's probably worth less.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2009, 01:48:20 PM
He was just an acting CFO, so he may have just been promoted. The last proxy I could find showed the CFO made just over $4.3 million for Freddie Mac in 2007. I would guess he is familiar with the 100 hour workweek, at least on occassion.

Well despite your opinion I still say kids prefer their parents do not kill themselves before they turn 6.  Call me an idiot who knows nothing about the families of CFOs if you wish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on April 22, 2009, 02:05:16 PM
Well despite your opinion I still say kids prefer their parents do not kill themselves before they turn 6.  Call me an idiot who knows nothing about the families of CFOs if you wish.
Idiot.
Does that make you feel any better?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Perhaps he needed to see a therapist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 22, 2009, 02:05:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2009, 01:48:20 PM

It just seems a bit harsh.

Maybe we can say that the kid is better off without a father than a suicidal one just waiting for him to turn 18? :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2009, 02:11:17 PM
It just seems a bit harsh.

Maybe we can say that the kid is better off without a father than a suicidal one just waiting for him to turn 18? :P

No I will not say such a thing.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2009, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 22, 2009, 01:17:31 PM
:yeah:
Poor form, Gay Fox.  When you kill yourself, do you want people to react that way?

No one will care, I am not a CFO.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 22, 2009, 03:09:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2009, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 22, 2009, 01:17:31 PM
:yeah:
Poor form, Gay Fox.  When you kill yourself, do you want people to react that way?

No one will care, I am not a CFO.
People often celebrate the deaths of emo kids.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

I just saw a screen crawl on TV that the FBI is investigating Freddie for accounting fraud.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

KRonn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 01, 2009, 12:19:49 PM
I just saw a screen crawl on TV that the FBI is investigating Freddie for accounting fraud.
I remember back during the AIG bonus witch hunt/kangaroo Congressional court, that Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac employees were about to get their bonuses as well. If so, seems that never really made the slash and burn news cycle. I wonder if that added to this man's stress levels, to add to causing him to kill himself? Sad that he committed suicide; condolences to the family.   :(

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 01, 2009, 12:19:49 PM

Well duh.  Why else do you think this cat offed himself? ^_^