And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on July 05, 2012, 12:43:15 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 05, 2012, 11:48:11 AM
They can isolate specific muscles too effectively, leaving the others underdeveloped that should be working in tandem. Free weight lifts are more "natural" movements, and work the small in-between muscles too. That's my understanding anyway.

80% of my pants no longer fit me. I had to go shopping this weekend.

The smiley was on why he asked the question when Brazen had already answered it, per the bolded, underlined quote.

She didnt. 

QuoteDon't use those machines, ever. They encourage bad form and can give you bulging belly muscles and strain your back. Don't use resistance machines at all if you can avoid them
Hogwash
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on July 08, 2012, 11:57:02 AM
She didnt. 

She did; you just didn't agree with her position.

QuoteDon't use those machines, ever. They encourage bad form and can give you bulging belly muscles and strain your back. Don't use resistance machines at all if you can avoid them

This is her answer to why to avoid them. You don't have to agree, but why ask her again why she said to avoid them?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2012, 03:41:48 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 08, 2012, 11:57:02 AM
She didnt. 

She did; you just didn't agree with her position.

This is her answer to why to avoid them. You don't have to agree, but why ask her again why she said to avoid them?

Eh, a wrong answer is an answer I guess.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Iormlund

Has anyone tried TRX?

The trainer at the gym tricked me into a class and I'm hurting all over the place.  Can't wait till the next day. :lol:

11B4V

mongers

Not doing much exercise at the moment, due to the weather, and yet I'm still losing a bit of weight, if this carries on I'll be at my old running weight in another 7 lbs.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

I've been off my feet for the past week with an injured foot. Today was my first day back to walking my regular amounts (got about 3 miles in) since last Saturday. I'm not going to run until Monday to give it a couple more days of rest and recuperation.

To avoid absolute inertia, I've been concentrating on upper body weight lifting. Heavy weights. Really heavy. I hate it, but I know I need to do it. Next week, I'll be able to get back to doing legs, abs, and cardio, too. (Yes, I know. I could have been doing abs this week, too, but I took advantage of the injury and opted out. Don't judge me.)

Hopefully, I haven't gained any of the weight back. I've watched my diet, but going from really really active to barely moving can't have been good. I'll know on Monday.

mongers

Popped out to do some shopping on the new 'shopping' bike, a bit heavy, but it gets the job done, in the end I have the shops about 10 minutes of my time and ended up going down to the beach and then for a bit of a tour around rural bits of Dorset; did about 62 km. 

mongers

Went for a quick 30 km spin in the New Forest on the new steed this evening, found a 25% hill. :cool:

What I find odd is there are 3/4 million people within about 10miles distance of the 350 sq.mile national park's borders and yet it's like I have the place to myself sometimes, there's virutally no one out and about in the evenings.  :hmm:

merithyn

Re-injured my foot. Hurts more than before, and I'm relegated to the effing couch again. Depression is settling in... again. This is going to be a long, fucking week.

Jaron

I don't know what I'm doing, but I've lost like 6 pounds since last Sunday by doing nothing. :lol: No exercise, no dietary changes. I nickname it 'The Jaron Diet' :thumbsup:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

Quote from: Jaron on July 15, 2012, 10:44:16 PM
I don't know what I'm doing, but I've lost like 6 pounds since last Sunday by doing nothing. :lol: No exercise, no dietary changes. I nickname it 'The Jaron Diet' :thumbsup:

AIDS

Josquius

I went to a gym yesterday. I'm just too pain averse, can't push myself to the point where it starts hurting and beyond as you're apparently meant to.
Uncertain on joining, its teh expensive.
But I do need to get in shape, the excuse of being busy with studies no longer exists. And cycling is dangerous and hard in non-exercise related ways here. And its hot outside. Think I might bite the bullet....there being pretty girls to check out there helps sell it to be somewhat.

QuoteI don't know what I'm doing, but I've lost like 6 pounds since last Sunday by doing nothing. :lol: No exercise, no dietary changes. I nickname it 'The Jaron Diet' :thumbsup:
In a week?
Different water weight between weighings?
I weighed myself before I exercised and after and I was over half a kilogram lighter after I'd sweated a bit
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: 11B4V on July 15, 2012, 11:36:51 PM

AIDS

:weep:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

Quote from: Jaron on July 15, 2012, 11:54:41 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 15, 2012, 11:36:51 PM

AIDS

:weep:

Bustin your chops. ;)