News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I foresee my fitness declining precipitously now that I'm back in Dixie, with all its delicious fatty food, psychotically sweet iced tea, never walking anywhere, $4.00 cigarettes and six-packs of beer at the gas station...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 29, 2012, 06:12:32 PM
I foresee my fitness declining precipitously now that I'm back in Dixie, with all its delicious fatty food, psychotically sweet iced tea, never walking anywhere, $4.00 cigarettes and six-packs of beer at the gas station...

And Shoney's. :mmm:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Popped out to do some shopping in the late afternoon, did 28 miles.

But man, traffic in the conurbation is pretty slow and Dorset drivers seem to have very little anticipation or urban driving skills.  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

I've changed up a few things. Thanks to B's encouragement, I've started tracking my calories and exercises online. I'm maintaining my 1200 calorie diet, BUT I count my exercise as additional calories to eat. Basically, if I'm going to go over, then I have to work it off, and if I work it off, I have to eat the calories. The bigger change may be that I've started making sure that I'm eating more veggies and fruits and less breads/crackers/etc. I haven't cut them out entirely, but I've cut down significantly.

In addition, I've changed up the intensity of my walks (speeding up in order to maintain a 125 heart rate), and doing more aerobic stuff while at the office (lunges at the copier, anyone?). I've also started to incorporate crunches while I sit at my desk. I can't do real crunches yet, but I clench my stomach and pull my shoulders to my lap while I'm at my desk. I've been trying to do 3 sets of 15 each, and damn but I'm feeling it!

I refuse to step on the damn scale until Tuesday, so I have no idea if any of this has done anything yet. I also took my measurements and am keeping track of those, too. I'm only going to check those every two weeks, though.

Oh, and I've set a goal of walking 150 miles in the month of June. :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

With the amount of OT (over 180 hrs) I've been work since 31 Mar, Ive had to get, well creative at work. It wont end till July maybe.

and a reg old dumbbell

:lmfao:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Cecil

So today was running day.

4 degrees centigrade, storm gusts and pouring rain.

I might be insane but not quite that insane.

Brazen

First day back running for weeks. Still congested (I'm not man enough to blow phlegm rockets) so it was super-slow but it proved to me my legs still work. Found a 15-minute kettlebell routine in a magazine which I tagged on the end.

mongers

Got myself a new challenge, I'm going to call it the '100 miles in 4 points of the compass', simple really do a total  of more than 100 miles with a day over 4 bike journeys that are roughly N,S,E,W of where you live. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

The added exercises (all done without a gym, I might add) has led to a 3 pound loss this week. Yay! I've probably also done a better job of keeping track of portion sizes, etc. Regardless, for the first time in two months, I've actually watched the scale needle move in the right direction.

:showoff:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2012, 08:38:13 AM
The added exercises (all done without a gym, I might add) has led to a 3 pound loss this week. Yay! I've probably also done a better job of keeping track of portion sizes, etc. Regardless, for the first time in two months, I've actually watched the scale needle move in the right direction.

:showoff:

There you go..rock on
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

:mad:

Im pissed, a great Mag called Maximum Fitness is no more. Apparently replaced  :glare: or hopefully just renamed Reps Magazine  :).

I dont know yet first issue is on the way.

11B4V

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

Anyway my workout routine is going well.

Monday, Wednesday and Sunday = Krav Maga (Sunday i might skip Krav or go for a run instead)

Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (or Saturday) = Weight training

This has been the case for quite some time now.... more or less. I usually do workouts 5-6 days a week.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

11B4V

Quote from: Octavian on June 08, 2012, 07:02:48 AM
Anyway my workout routine is going well.

Monday, Wednesday and Sunday = Krav Maga (Sunday i might skip Krav and go for a run instead)

Wish I had the time for Kyokushin, but dont.  :(