News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

http://www.robothobo.com/ddd/?cat=5

World in conflict complete 50% off today, Sword of the Stars complete 50% off tomorrow at Gamersgate.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

And of course, when Gamersgate has something interesting, their site loads like it is being served by a Vic-20.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2009, 08:03:04 AM
And of course, when Gamersgate has something interesting, their site loads like it is being served by a Vic-20.

And after I posted that, the vic-20 worked and fed me the page. :blush:

ulmont

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2009, 09:14:24 AM
Sword of the Stars complete

What's this game like...worth buying?

derspiess

Assuming anyone else here besides me is playing console games, a lot of Blockbuster locations got in shipments of used, disc-only games for Xbox 360, PS2, and original Xbox.  The games seem to be in good condition, and are priced as follows:

Xbox 360: $6.99
Xbox: $1.99
PS2: $2.99

Most stores who got the shipments got them a week ago, but there are still a few decent games left.  I've seen Halo 3, GTAIV, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, and several others.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

If someone comes across a The Warriors for PS2 copy, do buy it & get in touch with me. I'll be gratefull.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2009, 09:50:00 AM
If someone comes across a The Warriors for PS2 copy, do buy it & get in touch with me. I'll be gratefull.

"Warriors, come out to plaay-aay!"

Ed Anger

Syt

Bought Men of War and SotS complete, but they don't show up in my purchased games.  :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2009, 09:55:59 AM
Quote from: ulmont on May 29, 2009, 09:09:53 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2009, 09:14:24 AM
Sword of the Stars complete

What's this game like...worth buying?

I'm downloading it now.

Okay, got about 20 turns in. Each race seems to have its own way of travelling in space. Also, the map sucks big green donkey dick.

That is it so far.

Ed Anger

SoTS:ultimate whatever is now 8 bucks at Gamersgate. After spending 15 on it, I have one thing to say:

MOTHERFUCKER COCKBALLS!

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2009, 10:22:25 AM
Your stock profits.   :weep:

The funny thing is, I really don't care for the game. The 3D map is a royal pain in the ass.

If I actually liked the game, I wouldn't care.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger