News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: vinraith on May 07, 2009, 01:05:54 PM

I know the feeling. All these good sales lately have left me with a giant (mostly digital) stack of games I got for $5 or $10 that I really need to get around to playing.
Same here. And with books. :(

FunkMonk

Sounds good. I'll probably pick it up this weekend.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

vinraith

Steam's weekend deal is Universe at War for $5, anyone played that one? I know it's by Petroglyph, of "Empire at War" Star Wars RTS fame.

Alcibiades

I really really thought it sucked.  Generic and boring.  But then again, I didn't play it for more than 15 minutes before I uninstalled it so.... :unsure:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

It isn't one of the games on sale, but I noticed Pacific Storm and the expansion were available via Steam (I'm trying to get it to where I'm using Steam for more than one goddamn game) for $15.  Worth it?

Edit:  Wait...the "expansion" seems to be a sequel.  Heh. 

garbon

I bought 1701. Thanks, Vinnie. <_<:P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2009, 11:06:51 PM
I bought 1701. Thanks, Vinnie. <_<:P

:lol: I've actually been playing it again, simply because that sale reminded me I hadn't done much with Sunken Dragon yet. It's really just a great little game, I hope you enjoy it. :)

vinraith

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 08, 2009, 05:13:28 PM
I really really thought it sucked.  Generic and boring.  But then again, I didn't play it for more than 15 minutes before I uninstalled it so.... :unsure:

Thanks for the feedback. I also just realized/remembered that the multiplayer requires Games for Windows Live, which is further reason to pass. I think I'll let that one slide past, god knows I've got enough games as it is.

garbon

Quote from: vinraith on May 09, 2009, 01:17:50 AM
:lol: I've actually been playing it again, simply because that sale reminded me I hadn't done much with Sunken Dragon yet. It's really just a great little game, I hope you enjoy it. :)

I did like the demo when I played it ages ago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Elven Legacy is 14.99 on GamersGate.  Has anyone played it yet, it looks interesting.

garbon

I like that Anno 1701 required me to put in 3 serial codes. :rolleyes:

vinraith

Quote from: sbr on May 14, 2009, 11:32:48 AM
Elven Legacy is 14.99 on GamersGate.  Has anyone played it yet, it looks interesting.

I think i'm going to pick it up, the demo was pretty cool.

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2009, 11:53:07 AM

:huh: I have a boxed copy, so it may be different, but I only have the one.

Grey Fox

Quote from: vinraith on May 14, 2009, 02:15:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2009, 11:53:07 AM

Yeah, freaking gamersgate gave us 3 serial key. (I only need to use 2, I'm still wondering wth the 3rd is for)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: vinraith on May 14, 2009, 02:15:20 PM

There was one I had to input so that it could send data to someone(when I first clicked on the application), then a different one was needed once the program had opened.  The third was for Sunken Dragon, but it still strikes me that three are ridiculous when serial codes are the silliest protection ever.  Also, damn there are a lot of intro videos to this game.  I think I hit escape about 5 times till I got to the main menu.